Victoria Music's Custom 180 Rebuild

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And you know I have absolutely not a clue what to expect. The tank is 30 inches deep. The lights are 6 inches above the water. Super excited about this.

I would imagine so!

How is the recovery going?

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would imagine so!

How is the recovery going?
It has been much harder than I really thought it would be. yet I am happy to say I made it thru a very serious and dangerous surgery without complications such as a stroke or DVT. Deep down I was convinced I was going to be permently changed or even disabled from this surgery. However, only one of my biggest concerns came to be. Poorly controlled post operative pain. I really should have seen a pain management doctor to have a solid plan that did not rely on the doctor who did the surgery. The typical point of failure in communication is at change of oncall physicians. And don’t you know... I fell victim to a failure to communicate and had an on call doctor who’s ego was driving the bus.
But the last two days I had several hours each day where I felt great and got to work on my aquarium. Did too much though. So here I am waiting for the pain medicine to work. LOL.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You went through a very serious operation. Deep down I was worried for you too. Sorry to hear about your pain. Do the pills make you loopy?
Yeah, loopy is one word to describe it. I do not tolerate opioids very well. Most narcotic medications make most folks drowsy, stoned, loopy, and relieve them of pain. They make me agitated and unable to rest. They make me itch too. And often do not get rid of the pain. grrrr. I am doing pretty good right now. And that is what counts. I am ok and I am going to be ok.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, loopy is one word to describe it. I do not tolerate opioids very well. Most narcotic medications make most folks drowsy, stoned, loopy, and relieve them of pain. They make me agitated and unable to rest. They make me itch too. And often do not get rid of the pain. grrrr. I am doing pretty good right now. And that is what counts. I am ok and I am going to be ok.

Oh yeah, I forgot all about the itchy. That was annoying.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My son could not tolerate opiods either but Tylenol #3 worked for him after a rough surgery. The pain medication should help you heal not agitate and itch!

Was praying for your recovery as soon as I read your post. Glad to hear the procedure was a success!

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My son could not tolerate opiods either but Tylenol #3 worked for him after a rough surgery. The pain medication should help you heal not agitate and itch!

Was praying for your recovery as soon as I read your post. Glad to hear the procedure was a success!
Thank you. Empathy always softens a difficult situation, and suffering.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We found some photos on random a thumb drive and there were some pictures of the very early stages of building in my fishroom.
DSCF1066.JPG
DSCF1064.JPG
DSCF1067.JPG

DSCF1065.JPG

Last edited:

Muttley000

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really want a flame hawk pair! When I was young opioids made me hyper. Let's just say I wasn't using them for pain in my formulation, and much dumber, years. Drs. don't prescribe them to me, I think my medical records served as warning! At any rate great to see you so active!

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really want a flame hawk pair! When I was young opioids made me hyper. Let's just say I wasn't using them for pain in my formulation, and much dumber, years. Drs. don't prescribe them to me, I think my medical records served as warning! At any rate great to see you so active!
Are you sure I am the one on opioids? Flame hawks can be paired? Now I want a pair too! I get the Par Meter sometime the end of this weeks I’m told!

Muttley000

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure I am the one on opioids? Flame hawks can be paired? Now I want a pair too! I get the Par Meter sometime the end of this weeks I’m told!
The par meter just got fresh batteries! I've read that two small ones can be paired, but I'd rather just get a bonded pair. Several people are looking for me, it will happen eventually!

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 31 50.8%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 8.2%
Back