Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great choice!

Bad choice!!!!! DON'T DO IT!!!! They are ;Vamp;Vamp;Vamp;Vamp;Vamp;Vamp;Vamp

I think you will do fine with those. Kole tangs seem laid back and my Convict isn't aggressive at all. The purple tang is a different enough body shape that I feel it would work if you add it last.
The six line will be skipped over in favor of a pair of mandarins I think. I am 90% sure.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The six line will be skipped over in favor of a pair of mandarins I think. I am 90% sure.

If interested, a Pink Streaked Weasse looks and eats similar to a Six Line, but is very peaceful.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good lord, on my phone those pictures dont look so bad. opened up on a laptop computer they look terribble. lol

Victoria, I am so glad you are doing better. Being itchy isn't to bad, many people on this forum have itchy fish all the time. In the early days we didn't have "Lap Tops" so the only thing on my lap was my wife. Especially when I dressed like this. :rolleyes:

Muttley000

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Muttley000 there is a pair of red hawkfish on divers den!
This would be a huge step for me, I have never ordered fish online before. Then there is the fact that I would have to take a day off work when they shipped which can't happen this week, and the kids have archery tourney Saturday...
Thanks for the heads up, greatly appreciated, and something to think about until the weather normalizes if they are still there when it's going to get above zero!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Brew12 you have some crazy blue green zoanthids that I just love. Do you ever order online? Or did you get them locally?
Almost everything in my tank was gotten online. If I remember correctly, only my green hammer coral and the orange zoa's were local.

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loved the pics Victoria keep em coming.

It's good to see you online and working on your tank. Any chance that Medical Cannabis/CBD would help with the pain? I know that a lot of doctors are hesitant to prescribe it, but it certainly had a positive effect with Suzie.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This would be a huge step for me, I have never ordered fish online before. Then there is the fact that I would have to take a day off work when they shipped which can't happen this week, and the kids have archery tourney Saturday...
Thanks for the heads up, greatly appreciated, and something to think about until the weather normalizes if they are still there when it's going to get above zero!
Yeah, I can see this being a big issue at this time of year. I wonder how often you see pairs of flame hawks though. I am regretting not having the forsight to think of this for the flame hawks. So right now I rethinking our fish plans and exploring any and all possible pairs instead.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost everything in my tank was gotten online. If I remember correctly, only my green hammer coral and the orange zoa's were local.
So can do you have a favorite place you purchase zoanthids from?
I am not an online shopper. I don't enjoy any type of shopping actually except for my hobbies but online is especially foreign to me. And online freaks me out. I thought maybe I could order with more confidence with a good reference.

Last edited:

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I can see this being a big issue at this time of year. I wonder how often you see pairs of flame hawks though. I am regretting not having the forsight to think of this for the flame hawks. So right now I rethinking our fish plans and exploring any and all possible pairs instead.

I love my little demented flame hawk, I also wish I had known about pairs when I got it! ;)
Great to see you recovering well. :)

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loved the pics Victoria keep em coming.

It's good to see you online and working on your tank. Any chance that Medical Cannabis/CBD would help with the pain? I know that a lot of doctors are hesitant to prescribe it, but it certainly had a positive effect with Suzie.
Hi Jerry! I am so glad you stopped by to catch up. I am well enough to not need anything more than norco. Thank you for thinking of me.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my little demented flame hawk, I also wish I had known about pairs when I got it! ;)
Great to see you recovering well. :)
Thanks. That is how we felt about our six line wrasse. "Little demented wrasse" is now a stolen phrase.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So can do you have a favorite place you purchase zoanthids from?
I am not an online shopper. I don't enjoy any type of shopping actually except for my hobbies but online is especially foreign to me. And online freaks me out. I thought maybe I could order with more confidence with a good reference.
Most of mine came from WWC. They have changed quite a bit over the year since I last purchased from them. I also know that I got aptasia from them. I thought I had cleared it from the frag but obviously I didn't get it good enough. Resilient little anemones.

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 huge flamehawk and 1 tiny flamehawk.
Make sure you use an acclimation box. [emoji846]
Best to try them in a smaller tank together that has some rocks for perching but is easy to remove if necessary.

They are like wrasse. Tiny and female and large and male.
No color change. Mid range size is total guesswork. [emoji53]

Glad to see you are improving![emoji846]

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 huge flamehawk and 1 tiny flamehawk.
Make sure you use an acclimation box. [emoji846]
Best to try them in a smaller tank together that has some rocks for perching but is easy to remove if necessary.

They are like wrasse. Tiny and female and large and male.
No color change. Mid range size is total guesswork. [emoji53]

Glad to see you are improving![emoji846]
The flame hawk we currently have is already in the 180 gallon and not coming out anytime soon or easily. But I already started thinking about him in the fish trap so time will tell. LOL.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If interested, a Pink Streaked Weasse looks and eats similar to a Six Line, but is very peaceful.
The vote is in. Pink streaked wrasse is on the list! So fortunate to have you suggest this critter. You had one too didn’t you? It was a mystery disappearance right? So now the question of pairings? Can you have a pair of them?

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 21 12.1%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 47 27.2%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 81 46.8%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 21 12.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.7%
Back