Warning: Use Vibrant at your own risk

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does not appear to be what UWC claims. Data clearly suggest it is an algaecide identical to Algaefix (see thread below)

IMO, this as a very serious breach of trust from a company that has insisted it is not an algaecide. It is also a clear breach of the Reef2Reef terms of service (about making misleading statements).

UWC refuses to respond to these allegations despite having been asked to do so.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Randy! If and when you(or anyone for that matter) have time can you post any kind of data on possible dangers this may pose for folks using real ocean live rock, clams, oysters in sumps etc. Or any other known dangers it may pose for inhabitants our corals may be utilizing? I found it extremely disturbing to find out that material in this product may actually act as a mulloscicide and would like to be able to link reefers back to this thread in the future.
Thank you all for your great work here!

Lyss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does not appear to be what UWC claims. Data clearly suggest it is an algaecide identical to Algaefix (see thread below)

IMO, this as a very serious breach of trust from a company that has insisted it is not an algaecide. It is also a clear breach of the Reef2Reef terms of service (about making misleading statements).

If this is true, they could also face legal consequences with the FTC.

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I dosed twice, glad I stopped.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
although vibrant did work for me… i wouldn’t use it again. killed my chaeto weeks later(i knew the risks, but i was under dosing to compensate)

i had some coral die off(STN, on a green slimer and my jf aquaman monti), has ceased but has stalled growth as well.

a.t.t.r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Randy, this is getting real interesting to say the least.. I used vibrant before and have follwed the link thread...I watched my nutrients, let's just say i threw out the 3/4 full bottle...
Return your bottles do not dump them. Even point to the topic of a retailer try’s to say no say it was sold under false pretense. Retailers usually get credit from vendors and vendors get credit from uwc. This would be a fire under them to sort it out.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back