Warning: Use Vibrant at your own risk

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ingredients - Cultured Bacteria Blend, Amino Acids, Vinegar, RO/DI Water

^^^That's the ingredients listed on BRS website, copied and pasted.

So, what if that "cultured bacteria blend" was bacteria that was grown in the ingredients of algaefix? Would this create the same results on the tests?

I find it super sketchy that the amino acids didn't even show up on the tests.

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know. I am not sure what charge a polyfilter has. If it is positively charged, I don't expect it will bind much.
No clue on what charge it is.

This their claim:

Description​

The Poly Filter’s unique chemical filtration properties offer advantages for the beginner fish owner and the experienced aquarist. Poly Filter does what other filters simply cannot when it comes to the removal of medication and antibiotics. Avoid overdose and water toxicity, Poly filter removes medication quickly as to not poison the fish, yet slowly enough to not shock the fish. The Poly Filter is unlike anything else on the market today. “It Just Makes Keeping Fish Easier!” The color guide goes as follows: red = aluminum, orange = iron, yellowish green = ammonia, light green = free copper, blue = copper salt, and brown/black = harmful organic materials.

I was assuming that if it removes toxins then perhaps pesticides.

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG!!! I contacted Amazon for a purchase of this crap in Oct 2021 and just got a refund!
I purchased my bottle from Amazon back in Aug 2020. guessing I'm out of luck.
Were you still within the return/refund window for this product or did they give you a refund anyway?

would love to see more of that chat with the amazon rep!

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reminds me of when I crashed two tanks trying UWC purge, the "Flatworm cure". Some really bad products and misleading advertising.

OP
OP
Randy Holmes-Farley

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
!” The color guide goes as follows: red = aluminum, orange = iron, yellowish green = ammonia, light green = free copper, blue = copper salt, and brown/black = harmful organic materials.

Yes, I've seen it, and parts of the claim are very unlikely to be accurate (the red aluminum part, for example), and some isn't clear what it means (free copper vs copper salt) but it doesn't detail what charge the material has.

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
40 cube that was thriving on over a years' worth of benign neglect - and with that lack of attention, GHA took hold and was tired of picking it out and following the BRS series on Vibrant I gave it a try.

It was the start of a slow steady decline resulting in a tear down/do over.

Never again

Last edited:

PeterLL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been running carbon, Purigen and Polyfilger alongside vibrant as well it was claimed to be “bacteria” and these products shouldn’t have an impact on bacteria. However, does this mean my dosing of vibrant has been for naught and removal of the filter medias will be needed for it to get my valonia?

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always felt off about vibrant glad I stayed away. I mean bacteria that only eats algae? Seemed too good to be true , buy more clean up crew instead lol or use reef flux rx it works!
For cyano and dinos you can just use plain ol bottled bac.

BrianAnthony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were you still within the return/refund window for this product or did they give you a refund anyway?

I was out of my return period. AMAZON WAS BOTH SELLER AND SHIPPER

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ah, I JUST closed my chat window with the Amazon rep. Did some serious venting. Got a return on my 16oz bottle ordered in November that was out of the return window by a few weeks. Said they would pass on my feedback. I linked these two threads.

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazon is good about returns but not sure the manufacturer gets dinged when they make an accommodation.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reading that report you would think UWC simply took API's product and rebranded it. This is very disturbing. I haven't used Vibrant but I most certainly would have chosen it thinking I was treating my tank with a natural product (based on the stated ingredients). Hopefully there is a reply from them about this.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back