Water Mixing Station containers

42ELITASREV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I promise this gets around to mixing station containers. First a little context: I am in the process of setting up a new tank. The wife showed great interest and suggested the new tank be placed in the living room instead of my office. I thought this is Great! if she's invested in the tank too all the better. I have a auto water change system that I plan on running at 1.5% water volume change out daily, and the tank is about 100 gallons total.

The snag and reason for the post is this: Wife is completely against a Brute Trash Can as the water reservoir. Offering to put the trash can into a cabinet didn't help at all. Is there any common or very popular source for a nice HDPE tank/container/reservoir that I can use for a mixing station and saltwater reservoir? I have googled this and came up with some very industrial looking ones. I am not sure she is going to be any happier about them than a brute can.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume the containers are going to be semi-hidden in an adjacent room? This is a Canadian company - but I assume there's probably an American equivalent. Is this what you had in mind?

containers.jpg

OP
OP

42ELITASREV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume the containers are going to be semi-hidden in an adjacent room? This is a Canadian company - but I assume there's probably an American equivalent. Is this what you had in mind?

containers.jpg

It is, I didn't consider a plastic drum, thank you for the suggestion. This might be just what is needed so she is happy.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back