Water Mixing Station containers

42ELITASREV

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2022
Messages
9
Reaction score
6
Location
Vicksburg
What state or country do you live in
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I promise this gets around to mixing station containers. First a little context: I am in the process of setting up a new tank. The wife showed great interest and suggested the new tank be placed in the living room instead of my office. I thought this is Great! if she's invested in the tank too all the better. I have a auto water change system that I plan on running at 1.5% water volume change out daily, and the tank is about 100 gallons total.

The snag and reason for the post is this: Wife is completely against a Brute Trash Can as the water reservoir. Offering to put the trash can into a cabinet didn't help at all. Is there any common or very popular source for a nice HDPE tank/container/reservoir that I can use for a mixing station and saltwater reservoir? I have googled this and came up with some very industrial looking ones. I am not sure she is going to be any happier about them than a brute can.
 
I assume the containers are going to be semi-hidden in an adjacent room? This is a Canadian company - but I assume there's probably an American equivalent. Is this what you had in mind?

https://www.uline.ca/BL_8154/Plastic-Drums
containers.jpg
 
I assume the containers are going to be semi-hidden in an adjacent room? This is a Canadian company - but I assume there's probably an American equivalent. Is this what you had in mind?

https://www.uline.ca/BL_8154/Plastic-Drums
containers.jpg

It is, I didn't consider a plastic drum, thank you for the suggestion. This might be just what is needed so she is happy.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new