Wave Maker

pgol13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

I have a 75 gallon with some wave makers in them. My Blue Tang has gotten stuck behind one for the past two nights. During the day she is fine and is able to swim out of the pull of the wave maker. The next morning I find my Tank stuck behind it. I was wondering how long everyone keeps their wave makers on. I know of people who keep it on 24/7 and others who only turn them on during feeding times.

Thanks!

TheBear78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of people, myself included, will run them on a program which varies the flow. This can be simply on and off for set times, pulses at different speeds or a combination of both. They generally do not run continuously but attempt to recreate waves and/or tidal flow.
Do yours have any kind of programmable control? If they are simply on or off then basic programming could be achieved with a cheap timer.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

I have a 75 gallon with some wave makers in them. My Blue Tang has gotten stuck behind one for the past two nights. During the day she is fine and is able to swim out of the pull of the wave maker. The next morning I find my Tank stuck behind it. I was wondering how long everyone keeps their wave makers on. I know of people who keep it on 24/7 and others who only turn them on during feeding times.

Thanks!
I run mine 24/7.
Did it pick that spot for sleeping or is it really stuck?
Do you have a NSA setup?

Pic of your tank?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back