bCOSiREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! I currently have a 75 gallon tank. The tank dimensions are 48”L x 24”W. My tank setup is a HOB filter With the Orbit marine IC pro dual LED lights with loop and 2 eflux wave makers. Surprisingly, I have been impressed with the lights considering how much I got them for, they were on sale. I have successfully grown softies, LPS and some SPS. However, I have not been impressed with their wave pumps. Both of my wave pumps lasted about 6 months. Their customer service was top notch and had them replaced. 1 of the replacement wave makers has completely stopped working after another 6-8 months and I am currently in the process to see if they will warranty the replacements. If not, I am in the market for a different wave maker. Thus, the purpose of this thread.

I was thinking with my HOB filter 1 gyre type pump would be sufficient enough, but I’m up for everyone’s opinion. I started this tank as a budget build. I am willing to spend more for a quality wave maker that is known to last. I am ok if it does not have a lot of features I would rather have something that will last me a long time. Please share your recommendations.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello all! I currently have a 75 gallon tank. The tank dimensions are 48”L x 24”W. My tank setup is a HOB filter With the Orbit marine IC pro dual LED lights with loop and 2 eflux wave makers. Surprisingly, I have been impressed with the lights considering how much I got them for, they were on sale. I have successfully grown softies, LPS and some SPS. However, I have not been impressed with their wave pumps. Both of my wave pumps lasted about 6 months. Their customer service was top notch and had them replaced. 1 of the replacement wave makers has completely stopped working after another 6-8 months and I am currently in the process to see if they will warranty the replacements. If not, I am in the market for a different wave maker. Thus, the purpose of this thread.

I was thinking with my HOB filter 1 gyre type pump would be sufficient enough, but I’m up for everyone’s opinion. I started this tank as a budget build. I am willing to spend more for a quality wave maker that is known to last. I am ok if it does not have a lot of features I would rather have something that will last me a long time. Please share your recommendations.
Gyre will work but still supplement with pumps such as koralia, Nero or cobalt

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back