Wave pumps

bCOSiREEF

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2022
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Colorado Springs
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! I currently have a 75 gallon tank. The tank dimensions are 48”L x 24”W. My tank setup is a HOB filter With the Orbit marine IC pro dual LED lights with loop and 2 eflux wave makers. Surprisingly, I have been impressed with the lights considering how much I got them for, they were on sale. I have successfully grown softies, LPS and some SPS. However, I have not been impressed with their wave pumps. Both of my wave pumps lasted about 6 months. Their customer service was top notch and had them replaced. 1 of the replacement wave makers has completely stopped working after another 6-8 months and I am currently in the process to see if they will warranty the replacements. If not, I am in the market for a different wave maker. Thus, the purpose of this thread.

I was thinking with my HOB filter 1 gyre type pump would be sufficient enough, but I’m up for everyone’s opinion. I started this tank as a budget build. I am willing to spend more for a quality wave maker that is known to last. I am ok if it does not have a lot of features I would rather have something that will last me a long time. Please share your recommendations.
 
Hello all! I currently have a 75 gallon tank. The tank dimensions are 48”L x 24”W. My tank setup is a HOB filter With the Orbit marine IC pro dual LED lights with loop and 2 eflux wave makers. Surprisingly, I have been impressed with the lights considering how much I got them for, they were on sale. I have successfully grown softies, LPS and some SPS. However, I have not been impressed with their wave pumps. Both of my wave pumps lasted about 6 months. Their customer service was top notch and had them replaced. 1 of the replacement wave makers has completely stopped working after another 6-8 months and I am currently in the process to see if they will warranty the replacements. If not, I am in the market for a different wave maker. Thus, the purpose of this thread.

I was thinking with my HOB filter 1 gyre type pump would be sufficient enough, but I’m up for everyone’s opinion. I started this tank as a budget build. I am willing to spend more for a quality wave maker that is known to last. I am ok if it does not have a lot of features I would rather have something that will last me a long time. Please share your recommendations.
Gyre will work but still supplement with pumps such as koralia, Nero or cobalt
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new