Weird Relationship?

Terri Caton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an Anthias and Skunk Shrimp that would hang out together for hours on end. That fish Loved that shrimp!

1 anthias.jpg

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Foxface fish are weird, and seems to be the common factor with alot of people. I had one that would only be around the marina beta. Sleep, swim, hiding spots, it would even "try" to eat the same food regardless of the size.

Mine is hosted by my leather corals! ;)

DSC_0064 (1024x795).jpg

GJak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a powder blue and powder brown tang that keep the peace. When my african flame angel tried picking on my pintail wrasse, they always broke it up. Now that my two black lightning clowns are maturing the larger one is going after the smaller one constantly and the powder brown tang goes down and watches the smaller one when ever he is being bullied.

RichReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a purple tang a few months ago. Right away he went after my yellow tang but I was prepared for that. Removed the yellow tang after a few days. Since then it's been nothing but peace because the purple tang has established himself as the leader of the tank.

If there is any kind of agression he gets right in between it. He won't have any of that. He even makes sure my scrapers don't bother anyone. If I have to put my hand in the tank he makes sure he is between my arm and any fish.

All the fish except for a yellow watchman follow him wherever he goes. Foxface. Coral beauty. 2 percula clowns. Bicolor dottyback. Yellow coris. Cleaner shrimp. All follow.

Never seen anything like it.

It's his tank and everyone knows it.

OP
OP
Eve

Eve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am definitely shocked lol never thought of such a weird relationships, but now its clear that its not an impossible thing to happen!!

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My Dragonface pipefish and Tangaroa goby sleep next to each other at night. Usually in the front corner. They face in opposite directions, maybe watching each other's back?

Raypriceart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

Have you ever had a weird relationship going on in your tank? So I have two clownfish and these two were always together, they had been together for 1 year, but after I added a foxface Rabbitfish it seems like they don’t want to be together anymore. Instead one of them is always next to the Foxface, they swim together, eat together ...they even sleep next to each other. Isn’t it a little weird? I tried taking a pic, but everytime I get close the tank, the Foxface hides behind the rocks lol.
I had a freshwater fish that kept trying to mate with a fish of a different species.

FugeTown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Tomini tang follows my coral beauty around like a little puppy dog, he loves the coral beauty so much and the coral beauty goes along with it. I’m glad you posted this cause I was wondering myself if this was common and seems more common than I thought.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both fox faces I’ve had (lost one to either bacteria or parasites, still not sure which) always hang out and sleep near my valentini. Fortunately my second go at at a one spot has been successful. Also, the lone survivor from the chromis pair I had is always somewhere near my clowns. Love the personalities of my tank

mnk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My foxface loves to spend time with my mimic tang. They follow each other in the tank, swimming together from side to side, following the same path (and by that I mean that if one goes through a cave or around a rock, they other one will do the exact same thing) and grazing together. They do everything together except for sleeping together, so I guess they’re just good buddies.

506A8DC5-2273-4724-9A8E-74E3FCF58D6D.jpeg

Knpowell1982

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Sixline Wrasse likes to protect his buddy from the Queen Clown. My Midnight Clown (female) sometimes gets too aggressive with my Frostbite Clown (male). When the sixline sees this, he places himself in between and pushes the Midnight away. He will stay there constantly pushing back against her until he feel that things have calmed down enough. Then he goes about his day until he is needed again lol
LOL sounds like my dog with my husband and I LOL

Back