What’s going on with my torches?

paschka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys my torches are not doing well. Their polyps are not extended fully. They also close sometimes for some minutes completely. You can see them here: https://youtube.com/shorts/qpa1yAYHZbs?feature=share

I’ve got the one in the front for over a month and the one in the back for about 7 days. I did not acclimate them with my lamp because I never did that before. Everything is fine:
Salinity: 35ppt
Alk: 10
Ca: 550
Mg: 1500
No2:0
No3: 6
Po4: 0,03

my tank is a 16 gallon cube and I have a ai Prime hd Running on lowered saxby settings.

Reef_Colors

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is your tank?. Numbers lookgood but theres definitely something it doesnt like in your tank. The white stalk from your 1 month old torch looks like major tissue recession. The new one looks like it is starting to recede too. The new one look like it came in healthly.

OP
OP
P

paschka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is your tank?. Numbers lookgood but theres definitely something it doesnt like in your tank. The white stalk from your 1 month old torch looks like major tissue recession. The new one looks like it is starting to recede too. The new one look like it came in healthly.
My tank is 3 months old. I mostly have lps in it but also 2 leather corals.

damsels are not mean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe too much light? Try turning lights down and see if they open more. It is a simple thing to try at least. Mag is kind of high as is Ca. But I am not sure these levels would cause tissue recession.

OP
OP
P

paschka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe too much light? Try turning lights down and see if they open more. It is a simple thing to try at least. Mag is kind of high as is Ca. But I am not sure these levels would cause tissue recession.
This could be but i can’t imagine it’s too much light. My ai Prime runs on Maximum 25watt (saxby) and is 8“ above my tank. My torches are on the bottom of my tank so …

OP
OP
P

paschka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This could be but i can’t imagine it’s too much light. My ai Prime runs on Maximum 25watt (saxby) and is 8“ above my tank. My torches are on the bottom of my tank so …
50A5C56B-8B99-4E7A-B5A1-6015B5248EF2.png

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 66 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back