What’s going on?

theasherrr

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 9, 2022
Messages
57
Reaction score
59
Location
Seattle, WA
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually this long tentacle is in its spot wedged under a rock and open wide like the picture below. One day I came down and it had i wedged itself and went to the other side of the tank. I noticed it had these things coming out of its foot. Do you think it got injured? Can I save it? Here is the progression in pictures


IMG_4415.jpeg



Today:
IMG_6725.jpeg
IMG_6726.jpeg



Yesterday:
IMG_6666.jpeg

IMG_6665.jpeg


The Day Before:
IMG_6706.jpeg
IMG_6704.jpeg
 
I had one recover from something similar. I’m not sure if it helped, but I took a 2” pvc pipe and buried it upright in the sand then put the anemones’ foot in the pipe as it didn’t seem to want to dig into the sand.

I also had one not recover from something similar once. I didn’t use the pvc pipe that time. Again could just be a coincidence, but it couldn’t hurt.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 48 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new