What’s your favorite type of LPS coral? Why?

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Right now I'm a little obsessed with bowerbanki and micromussa amakusensis. Here are a couple of my bowers.
P_20230619_183922.jpg

Cheezle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moderate water flow and lighting are crucial. Too little flow and they will be miserable and too much like euphyllia coral- you risk tearing the flesh off the skeleton. Moderate flow will provide food and nutrients to reach them and being a photosynthetic coral, provide moderate to medium light will help with their zooxanthellae which is within them to provide color and energy.
They must be fed 2-3x a week with foods such as krill, Mysis shrimp, brine shrimp, or small pieces of fish, and shrimp. Powdered foods such as reef roids will not satisfy their needs.
To add to that, I have mine underneath my HOB filter where it hits it's long polyps but not so much it's fleshy body. In probably about 150 par +/-. I feed it reef roids, frozen mysis, brine, LRS and rods separately on different days and my guy is thriving. I even have a pistol shrimp who does everything he can to move and bury him. My clowns love to play inside of it too, it really puffs up after feeding it and not even my lobo, Duncan's or acans can match its appetite.

Love elegances, so beautiful

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 109 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.4%
Back