What Am i ?!

s3leyman

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 20, 2024
Messages
13
Reaction score
4
Location
Germany
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello dear Community,

When I was looking at my reef tank today I noticed these two pink objects. Unfortunately I don't know what it is or whether it is good or bad. My tank has been running for about a month.
1000010532.jpg
1000010534.jpg
1000010531.jpg

Thank you in advance for your help.
 
Do you mean the zoanthids? Can you circle what you're trying to identify?
 
Top left above the zoas there is a pink spot but i cannot make out what it is.
 
right - looks spongey
 
I have this on the tip of my tongue. It like formorian but that is incorrect and for the life of me I can not remember it.
@ISpeakForTheSeas probably knows.
I think the word you're looking for is foraminiferan. In this case, though, I'm leaning toward this either being the beginning of a red algae or possibly a colonial tunicate. Definitely hard to say from the pics, though, so I could be wrong.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new