What are these? Algae and Pink thing ID

achillnano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, lately i battled against GHA pretty badly and got it over with, using fluconazole after a while. Now, Ive had this tank for well over a year, and of course as every tank, stuff that we’ve never seen before appears and it could be bad or good lol. Anyways I’ll be attaching photos of some algae and stuff I see in my tank for ID bc i have no clue what im going against now and I cant seem to find anything related to it.

The first and fourth pic, I didnt use flash in the first pic bc otherwise u cant see it, but there are bubbles i believe were caused due to photosynthesis but im not too sure, the algae is dark just like dino but it isnt slimy, its like a small patch of little loose “turf” looking algae that has quite a bit of bubbles over as you can see in the 4th pic, its hard to tell but thats just what it looks like. I started another cycle of fluconazole in expectance of it to work. Tomorrow I’ll be able to add better pictures.

The second and third pic, I’ve had these pink looking things pop up in my tank and theyve grown around the rocks, is it some kind of sponge?

IMG_3470.jpeg IMG_3468.jpeg IMG_3467.jpeg IMG_3459.jpeg

OP
OP
A

achillnano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be bubble algae.
I do have bubble algae in my tank but in very small amounts, its actually hard to find them. But what I posted is no bubble algae. Its mainly brown turf looking algae with bubbles over them once light is on and they go away when lights are off. Also what explains the pink things?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back