What are you thankful for in this hobby? Let's give thanks!

How thankful are you to have a saltwater aquarium? 10 being the most thankful!

Votes: 510 68.2%

Votes: 90 12.0%

Votes: 79 10.6%

Votes: 29 3.9%

Votes: 9 1.2%

Votes: 11 1.5%

Votes: 4 0.5%

Votes: 3 0.4%

Votes: 3 0.4%

Votes: 10 1.3%

• Total voters

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thankful for my incredible wife who supports my reef hobby and always talks me off the ledge when reef things go bad. I’m also thankful for the means to keep my reef tanks and all the bells and whistles it takes to run them. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

InkedReefLady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thankful for the conference (MACNA Boston) that led me to my husband who is also in this hobby. I'm thankful for the technology that allows us to keep our beautiful creatures alive and thriving. Thankful for my husband who puts up with me spending all of our money on things (livestock and equipment) for our set ups. And of course for this awesome community of people brought together for the sake of what we love. Thanks to everyone for sharing their knowledge and time here on R2R!

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you thankful for in this hobby?

Let see,as humans (created in his image) , we are privileged to care for a little slice of the creation from the ocean. And what creatures there are in the ocean. The creation in the ocean are breathless and endless. We all should thank our creator for this privilege .

IMG_20191127_100624_285.jpg

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thankful that I stumbled into this hobby. I am thankful for all the people here who unknowingly helped a lurker. I am thankful that I have found a community that's not judgemental or harsh and is here to help one another. Thank you #revhtree for providing a "safe space" for people to share information, ideas and love for such a wonderful hobby.

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thankful for Reef2Reef and its members. Without which I would not be anywhere near as far down the road as I am. I am thankful for Waterbox for making such a great product and backing that up with their customer service and these both tie in to my next thanks in that both R2R and WB have actually made a massive difference in myself and my wife taking in an interest in the same thing which is pretty awesome.

She still wont admit though. The last classic by her was last week when she actively wanted to go on a a road trip to get the clowns a house :)

Happy Turkey Day everyone.

The Aquatic Arsenal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thankful that my husband I can work together in this incredible hobby. We are also thankful to be able use our resources to grow in the hobby and try and make things a little more affordable for everyone! I am really thankful for the community here at R2R!

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The list of things, people, relationships, vendors, coral species, saltwater, oxygen, (just to name a few) would be so extensive if I were to try and assemble a somewhat comprehensive representation of all these elements that go into the hobby that I enjoy and that provides the foundation for where my thankfulness might come from if I had a proper perspective and appreciation of what I routinely take for granted, so I rated my Thankfulness at 4. Also, when I voted no one else had chosen that level yet, so I am asking myself; "why 4 not?"

I believe Thanksgiving is underwhelmingly simplified under our blessed circumstances.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thankful for the comfort, joy and enjoyment that my tanks provide me. I'm also thankful for the people in my life that tolerate and support not only my obsession, but me in general. Lastly, I am thankful for all of you. This community has become a place where I can learn, share, vent, and participate in something incredible with some of the most awesome people in the world. For these things, I thank the lord and all of you.

Okay. Enough of the mushy stuff. Where's the da..ed kleenex?!

idol

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thankful for the saltwater aquarium hobby. I have been keeping salt water fish for many years (1974). I love the progress that has been made and many visions that have come to being from only being a dream. Breeding salt water fish was unheard of. Under gravel filters with Dolomite and Crushed Coral and Sander's Protein Skimmers using Ozone. Supreme Aqua-king filters and Halogen lights and last but not least UV sterilizers. Test kits LaMotte Testing kits with color vile liquids. Good old Instant Ocean. The Reef Tanks. Awesome. Today the sky is the limit. Keeping a small reef tank was unthinkable in the 70's. All the great knowledge about the care of the Salt Water Aquarium is amazing. I am so happy to be able to still be I the hobby with all the great equipment that gives you the extra edge. Happy Thanksgiving.

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds really bad to say....... And I will take the heckling...... but I am certainly thankful for all the people who call it quits after 6-18 months. So much of my livestock and gear have been scooped up this way, and also my first three tanks!

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thankful that both of my tanks are doing well this year and won't be signing over a house payment to BRS. (just the car payment)

Mpek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I absolutely love this hobby! The fish help me de-stress and the coral just present a challenge that not many hobbies offer. Having a reef in my living room, bedroom, and garage..... Lol... is awesome!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Thankful?
Im Thankful that another year coming to an end has been filled with Good health, safety of my daughter, to have not one but Three successful saltwater systems, Success with work, The presence of god in my life who guides me and reminds me of what I should be doing with my life , AND for having and utilizing the R2R community to both help others and learn from others.
Lastly, I am thankful for miracles that occurred with the many members who requested prayers with most recently Sarah24 who miraculously has made an escape from much more critical occurrence from a vehicle accident.
Its not so much that I look forward to 2020 but rather what 2020 will offer.
Tomorrow is official kick off to " Happy Holidays" !!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 98 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back