what chiller do you run?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jerl77
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jerl77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 20, 2008
Messages
1,822
Reaction score
394
Location
long island ny
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking into getting a new chiller over the winter. i am running a coralife for the last 4 years no problems at all just under powered allways running .so i think i am buying a new one so what chiller do you run?
i was looking into jbj artic chill anygood?
thanks jeremy
 
I run a 1/4HP JBJ. Very happy with it. It's quiet, and looks nice enough to sit next to the tank, in full view.
 
thanks its going in the basement how long you had it running any problems?
 
I've had it about 3.5 years or so. No, no problems. While they tell you you only have to vacuum the front grill, I actually found it best, after a couple years, to just take off the housing, and blow it dust free inside with a compressor.

I'm not a fan of the design of the connectors (would have been happy with simple 3/4" or 1" FNPT) but I haven't had a problem with them either.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new