What do the Triton overlords dose?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ReefPig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been following my ICP recommended supplemental dosing for a good months, all of it, not just the important stuff, and a few extra bits like Iron and Chrome.

This got me wondering what the Triton guys are dosing on their own tanks / the Triton display tank in Germany.

I'm not talking about the major stuff, but things like Nickel, Zinc, Cobalt, Chrome, Iron etc.
Likewise though, are you dosing extra Manganese, Vanadium etc.

I appreciate core7 already contains everything, but are you dosing any extra?

@Ehsan@triton @Julian@Triton

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been following my ICP recommended supplemental dosing for a good months, all of it, not just the important stuff, and a few extra bits like Iron and Chrome.

This got me wondering what the Triton guys are dosing on their own tanks / the Triton display tank in Germany.

I'm not talking about the major stuff, but things like Nickel, Zinc, Cobalt, Chrome, Iron etc.
Likewise though, are you dosing extra Manganese, Vanadium etc.

I appreciate core7 already contains everything, but are you dosing any extra?

@Ehsan@triton @Julian@Triton
Sounds like you are doing everything right.

Before we go down this rabbit hole... "How is your tank looking?"

OP
OP
ReefPig

ReefPig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you are doing everything right.

Before we go down this rabbit hole... "How is your tank looking?"

I’d say it’s fine, still young but growing well, colours aren’t quite there yet, but doing ok.

I think I was running my algae reactor far too aggressively, for a while I was doing 12 hours a day, which I’ve stepped back to 10 hours, and now thinking I’ll step back to 8.

This had the advantage of giving me a nice PH boost and allowed me to feed very heavily, but the downside is, and particularly as it’s a smaller tank, I was struggling to keep up with minor element replenishment and I’ve been dosing extra very heavily. Iodine, Manganese, a small amount of Iron and even extra Molybdenum (despite the fact you guys don’t recommend a daily dose, it was always extremely low on ICP’s).

This was exactly the reason I stepped down my algae timing, I just found it difficult to keep up demand and was afraid I was doing more harm than good.

Anyway, you answered a question with a question, bad Julian ;)

I guess my main question to you guys is are you dosing any of the extra extra stuff, like chrome, cobalt, nickel etc.
I know you don’t recommend it, but are you doing it?
I’d love to know more about how you guys run your tanks.

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to hear that you are having success with your aquarium based on our Method.

To answer your original question...

Ehsan ran his aquarium in Germany without water change (except twice when the 3 foot clam spawned) for over a decade running the standard recommendations that we provide with our ICP testing. There is no need to add extra dosing and spend more money in an already expensive hobby ;)

Ehsan's tank was decommissioned prior to him moving his family to Australia but we will be setting up the TRITON Tank 2.0 this year at our new Australian Lab and Science Division Headquarters so stay tuned.

Here is a link to Ehsan's TRITON Tank 1.0 to illustrate the TRITON Method run exclusively for over 10 years:

No additional dosing, just follow the TRITON ICP and N-DOC lab test recommendations.

The simplest way to reef keeping success :)

OP
OP
ReefPig

ReefPig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to hear that you are having success with your aquarium based on our Method.

To answer your original question...

Ehsan ran his aquarium in Germany without water change (except twice when the 3 foot clam spawned) for over a decade running the standard recommendations that we provide with our ICP testing. There is no need to add extra dosing and spend more money in an already expensive hobby ;)

Ehsan's tank was decommissioned prior to him moving his family to Australia but we will be setting up the TRITON Tank 2.0 this year at our new Australian Lab and Science Division Headquarters so stay tuned.

Here is a link to Ehsan's TRITON Tank 1.0 to illustrate the TRITON Method run exclusively for over 10 years:

No additional dosing, just follow the TRITON ICP and N-DOC lab test recommendations.

The simplest way to reef keeping success :)

That’s exactly the answer I thought (and hoped) you’d give. Thank you so much.
I think I’ve been over complicating things a little, and will just stick with the basics and recommendations then.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 47.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back