What do we have to pay to get a decent controller?

Discussion in 'EcoTech Marine' started by WoodRiverTroutBum, Dec 17, 2017.

1. WoodRiverTroutBum

WoodRiverTroutBum Member

I have had nothing but issues with the reeflink. It was fine for a while, then all of a sudden an RF issue based on the LED diagnostics chart. Oh simple fix, just log in and reset the RF. Oh wait, where do I do that? I have tried soft resets as well as factory resets with zero change. The only help I see online is the same thing my internet service provider tells me when there is an issue with our internet connection.

I bought a new light for a new tank and it will not be picked up by the reeflink via WiFi, even though it says I am connected and I can control the light on my other tank with the app still. When I try to add it via USB it flashes the light when I click to verify, and it says it updates the light successfully, but it doesn't add the light to my account.

There is the saying that if you can burn a $100 bill without cringing, you may be ready for a reef aquarium. I am starting to wish the $100 bill I used to buy the reeflink, was used to give an example of that saying, because I think it would have been money better spent.

Tags:

2. ironworker

ironworker Active Member MTRCMember

Alot

3. jimmyzhou

jimmyzhou Well-Known Member

The reeflink has some that problems a lot. I just unplugged the power restart it. And work as fine for at less 2-3 weeks

4. WoodRiverTroutBum

WoodRiverTroutBum Member

I have been back and forth all over the house plugging it in to the router, the computer and the light. I would pay twice the amount, gladly if it was for something that actually worked.

The biggest issue is that this thing has had so many issues for so long, and they do nothing to remedy them.

5. Daltrey

Daltrey Valuable Member Build Thread Contributor

I use an Apex to control my Radion XR30W's and Vortech mp40's. Sold my reeflink for $60 on the buy/sell forum. I honestly felt bad taking someone else's money for that piece of junk.

leepink23 and WoodRiverTroutBum like this.
  6. WoodRiverTroutBum

WoodRiverTroutBum Member

I was going to do the same, but was worried I would lose features. I have XR30 pro on my cadlights 70 with Apex and an XR15 pro on my Fluval Evo with Apex Jr.

I just deleted my profile, hoping starting fresh would fix these issues, but now I can't even connect to my original light...

7. leepink23

leepink23 Well-Known Member R2R Supporter

I never have problems using mine with apex either but here constant complaints about the reeflink, didn't mind the loss of features as a trade off for reliability

WoodRiverTroutBum likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted