What do you keep alkalinty at?

What are you running your alk at?

• Total voters

mandarin417

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find this poll intriguing. Watching one of the talks at MACNA, it was recommended to keep your water parameters in the tank at the same levels of the salt you use. RedSea likes higher alkalinity. I measured a fresh batch of RS Coral Pro at 11 dkh so I have been gradually moving my levels up to match what the salt mixes out of the bag.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find this poll intriguing. Watching one of the talks at MACNA, it was recommended to keep your water parameters in the tank at the same levels of the salt you use. RedSea likes higher alkalinity. I measured a fresh batch of RS Coral Pro at 11 dkh so I have been gradually moving my levels up to match what the salt mixes out of the bag.

Most people interpret that statement differently, and use (or adjust) a salt mix with alk to match your desired target, not set the target to match the salt mix. :)

penguin_free

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been holding mine at 9or 10 dkh for the last few years. Reading up more lately, I'm sloping it down into the 8.5 range to see how that goes. Looks like that's more like the consensus.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back