What ever happened to the Vertex Cerebra?

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea but at the same time the new ghl isn't really out. And I'm neither for nor against apex in fact I think as of late apex advertising has been really snobby lately they have a better then all the rest type mentality. So ur comparing like five people in the us who have the ghl to the thousands who have an apex so yea.

And as I said before if I could do it all over again I think I would do ghl. But my apex does it's job so I'm happy in that sense.
Like I said in my reply, I have read many reviews. Not just 5 who have GHL like you say. I am glad apex has worked out for you though. I don't like seeing bad reviews. People claiming it's crashed their tanks etc. I posted on this thread for cerebus but everyone seems to be focused on my saying I wouldn't use Neptunes. It's really off topic for me anyway. It's a personal choice I made after reading MANY reviews. I am not bashing Neptune, just saying it's not for me. I am interested in seeing the new Cerebus and the new eKoral before just getting a GHL. I am still in the process of planning my next build and I likely won't even start it until early July so I have time to wait for at least one of these to be released I think. Also the GHL is available according to their website. It was 500 bucks and 800 for a bundle. https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/usa/shop/ Shalom

FirstContact

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I said in my reply, I have read many reviews. Not just 5 who have GHL like you say. I am glad apex has worked out for you though. I don't like seeing bad reviews. People claiming it's crashed their tanks etc. I posted on this thread for cerebus but everyone seems to be focused on my saying I wouldn't use Neptunes. It's really off topic for me anyway. It's a personal choice I made after reading MANY reviews. I am not bashing Neptune, just saying it's not for me. I am interested in seeing the new Cerebus and the new eKoral before just getting a GHL. I am still in the process of planning my next build and I likely won't even start it until early July so I have time to wait for at least one of these to be released I think. Also the GHL is available according to their website. It was 500 bucks and 800 for a bundle. https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/usa/shop/ Shalom
Hey Denvercherub,

Don't take it too hard. People tend to take it really personally when you suggest there could be an alternative to Apex or Tunze or Vortech.

I'm using Cerebra and Jebaos.

Happy Reefing!

jon tumpack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the BRStv "52 weeks of reefing" when you went over the tank controllers, the one that impressed me the most was the Vertex Cerebra, I'm getting ready to set up a 300 gallon (soon as I quit changing my mind as to where I want it lol) and was thinking about getting that controller instead of using the older Apex that I have on the shelf but it's no longer available , the website has very little information on it, and all the forum and website news I can find is older from the beta test. Any idea what happened to this controller and when or even if it will ever be released?
Was loking forward to the Cerebra But I preoredered and payed for 2 units and after 8 months never recieved . So Im a little wearry of the company

DarkSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The date slipped. They're still waiting on some pieces of hardware to be delivered. No new date yet other than "well before MACNA."

pdiehm

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am growing more and more frustrated with my apex. Every morning, I wake up and my tank is off because apex got disconnected from my network. Additionally, I have to RE-Install my EB8, and all my programming code. It's Tuesday and this is the 4th day in a row that has happened.

Scott.h

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am growing more and more frustrated with my apex. Every morning, I wake up and my tank is off because apex got disconnected from my network. Additionally, I have to RE-Install my EB8, and all my programming code. It's Tuesday and this is the 4th day in a row that has happened.
Hard wire internet to the head unit. I understand its wireless, but if you want to eliminate the problem that's what (I) many people do.

At one point I was considering the Vertex. Promises after promises, more delays, then the units were available but probes were not. Then BRS bailed on carrying them before they decided to carry them again. Then vertex hid in the shadows not addressing what was really going on. Coming from a unit that was supposedly bata tested for a few years, it sounded more like someones basement project. Screw that. Just wait until you need parts for it.

ReeferRoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the beta unit to use to run on a QT, when to use it, and learned the beta closed, so now I have a brick...haven't been able to do squat with it because I cant access the interface or the forums...very sad! so unless Vertex figures it out, it was a waste of $400.00.

pdiehm

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard wire internet to the head unit. I understand its wireless, but if you want to eliminate the problem that's what (I) many people do.

At one point I was considering the Vertex. Promises after promises, more delays, then the units were available but probes were not. Then BRS bailed on carrying them before they decided to carry them again. Then vertex hid in the shadows not addressing what was really going on. Coming from a unit that was supposedly bata tested for a few years, it sounded more like someones basement project. Screw that. Just wait until you need parts for it.

I have the old classic. It is hard wired. Got a call scheduled with apex in Friday.

All I know is I probably screwed up my Cycling process with all the shutoff's occurring

Scott.h

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the beta unit to use to run on a QT, when to use it, and learned the beta closed, so now I have a brick...haven't been able to do squat with it because I cant access the interface or the forums...very sad! so unless Vertex figures it out, it was a waste of $400.00.
At one point I had one in my "shopping cart". After I hear stuff like this I'm so glad I went with my gut and backed out.

ReeferRoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At one point I had one in my "shopping cart". After I hear stuff like this I'm so glad I went with my gut and backed out.

Yeah, I was new to the hobby, still am, but I hadn't decided yet if I was going with GHL or APEX, Then Cerebra was being advertised like crazy and with the into rate I was like, why not for the money it may be good enough and its fairly cheap, I even logged in in the beginning...oh well...Unless Vertex gets me up and running with the beta unit, even for basic function, they can kiss any business from me for any of their products good bye.

Confuse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope nobody takes this the wrong way, but I think that a lot of the issues with the Apex (the classic, at least) is user based. Despite of the inception of Fusion, there still exists a learning curve in using/programming an Apex. The Apex classic has been pretty stable over the years. The exception being probably the Apex 2016 since it is new hardware. However, the Apex classic is a solid and stable product.

I do recall back in the day being new and having a multitude of issues with my Apex, but over the years, those issues seized and I think that was due to becoming a more advanced user and getting more familiar with the software/hardware. When I bought my first Apex 7 years ago (and yes, I am still running it today), Fusion was barely in beta and I remember ordering my Apex from Bulk Reef Supply and then patiently waiting a week for the package to arrive while reading the entire Apex manual in the meantime. lol I think this is something that is unheard of nowadays, considering how far Fusion and networking technology has come.

While a lot of people may complain about the Apex, I think that it's not always plug and play for the very novice non-tech oriented user. And I think that as technology advances to make our lives simpler, we grow more impatient with achieving results. Like the days of 14.4kpbs modems, we would wait hours to download a short .avi file, but now with broadband/FIOS, we want the content yesterday. lol

I do hope that Neptune takes the steps to move away from the Dashboard interface and integrate those options into Fusion one day in order to make it easier for novice users to configure their devices, but I only see this as an issue when the need to troubleshoot arises or to configure more advanced features. I think the basic Fusion interface meets the needs of most basic users.

JasReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jps59
I am not a
[QUOTE="Denvercherub, post: 3751869, member: teenage kinds 55remember out 68time frame are we looking at? I'm willing in a new build2 here. I am uninterested in the it industry 5th to get clogged what I eKoral from Reefapalooza[is y/QUOTE]

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully we hear something from Vertex on this soon! I personally was excited when the beta model came out and I'm ready to see what they learned from the long beta test! :)

-Randy

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although I have yet to see one in person, I can only confirm that it is the number one priority of vertex at this point. One of my best friends just started working there and he confirmed. They learned a lot from the beta and are trying to do everything to make sure it is right when it hits the market.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 51 52.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.2%
Back