What fish in the hobby doesn't get enough attention?

Gumbies R Us

God, Bouldering, and Reefing
View Badges
Joined
Nov 10, 2022
Messages
30,925
Reaction score
54,402
Location
North Georgia
Seller Rating
5 ★
Rating Count
2
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We can put many fish into our tanks, from basic ocellaris clowns to yellow tangs; there is a fish for everyone. However, there are also a lot of overlooked fish in the hobby that not many people talk about keeping. I want to know what fish you like that, not many people talk about or feel get overlooked by the more common fish.
 
Chalk Bass! I had one when I started... he was my first ever casualty... If I ever get a second tank/upgrade, he will be one of the new occupants.
They look like typical "fish" like a normal largemouth/smallmouth, but their colors are awesome!
 
Chalk Bass! I had one when I started... he was my first ever casualty... If I ever get a second tank/upgrade, he will be one of the new occupants.
They look like typical "fish" like a normal largemouth/smallmouth, but their colors are awesome!
Ha! I just came here to say this!
 
undefined


I really like Black Bar Chromis Pycnochromis retrofasciatus
(photo source https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pycnochromis_retrofasciatus)
 
Chalk Bass! I had one when I started... he was my first ever casualty... If I ever get a second tank/upgrade, he will be one of the new occupants.
They look like typical "fish" like a normal largemouth/smallmouth, but their colors are awesome!
Those are neat! Didn’t even know they were a fish!
 
Red rooster wasp fish. Such a cool rare fish that nobody talks about for some reason.
Waspfish in general you don’t here much about!
 
I have always thought jack knives are unique! How hard are they to care for?
Apparently fairly difficult to get eating , this guy is literally biting on the pipette before the food comes out though ! Had to up my feeding to keep him happy
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 48 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new