What is growing on my candy cane?

Cyborg_Vole

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 29, 2023
Messages
14
Reaction score
1
Location
United Kingdom
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have noticed a small tube growing on my candy cane, since I've noticed it I can also see that the candy cane isn't quite as "happy" as it was before. Any ideas on what it could be?
Pics below:
20230629_152122.jpg

20230629_152126.jpg

20230629_152131.jpg

I did recently spot feed some reef roids which is what is being dragged towards the tube.
 
Yeah, they can annoy corals. Make sure the base is crushed because the snail an retract into the base and breaking off the stem won’t kill it.
 
I have noticed a small tube growing on my candy cane, since I've noticed it I can also see that the candy cane isn't quite as "happy" as it was before. Any ideas on what it could be?
Pics below:
20230629_152122.jpg

20230629_152126.jpg

20230629_152131.jpg

I did recently spot feed some reef roids which is what is being dragged towards the tube.
Those are those pyramid snails. Bad!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new