What is one fish you wish you could have in your tank right now?

ErikVR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Emperor angel or purple tang... While my tank would meet the minimum size, I don't think it's big enough to do right for these fish.

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like all of us have that one fish we wish we could keep in our tank, but maybe we can't for some reason. Maybe it is because it isn't compatible with the rest of the tank, it is rare and expensive, or maybe not feeling confident enough in keeping that particular fish. I am wondering what is the fish you wish you could have in your tank right now!
Splitfin flashlight fish

MugiwaraGrape

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like all of us have that one fish we wish we could keep in our tank, but maybe we can't for some reason. Maybe it is because it isn't compatible with the rest of the tank, it is rare and expensive, or maybe not feeling confident enough in keeping that particular fish. I am wondering what is the fish you wish you could have in your tank right now!
Gem Tang! Just too expensive right now.

ReeferHD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would love to have a tiger jawfish in my mixed reef but i know he'll bury all my clams!
1693435108945.png

jvbear

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yellow tang

LeonardTheWrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lennardi wrasse, my LFS got a couple in last week and they're reasonably priced. ($350 AUD) Such beautiful fish

gmflex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It used to be a gem tang.. But just got one.. Arrived on Monday.. Eating and getting along with other tangs..
I would love to get a shark.. But won't get one unless I upgrade to 1,500 gallon or more DT..

DJC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moray Eal one of the smaller species but it will just eat everything in my reef tank so unfortunately I’ll give it a miss

Would love to get my mandarin back he died recently and it’s my most fav fish out of them all

Such a character!

Widdlyscudds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Powder blue tang, I don't think they do well in 3 foot tanks. Might be worth an upgrade just for that

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orange spotted filefish, I'd pick these up straight away if I was sure they could thrive eating prepared foods

Tchung23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orange spotted filefish, I'd pick these up straight away if I was sure they could thrive eating prepared foods
I just picked one up. Was so worried it wouldn’t eat or would eat all my sps. So far he is doing well loves the masstick. Pretty fat and leave my corals alone. I have to agree one of my favourite fish. Make sure if you buy one it’s super healthy and not too skinny.

Attachments

• IMG_1229.jpeg
    IMG_1229.jpeg
    125.8 KB · Views: 10

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back