What is one thing in the hobby that you wished existed, but doesn't?

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, but Mollys are hardiest.

they are also so stupid and do not understand saltwater things.

Ive seen them litterally swim into a groupers mouth because they are that stupid... or see clowns swimming into anenomes and think its OK for them to do it, only to get eatten by one.

OP
OP
WalkerLoves_TheOcean

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love all the ideas of the mini sea creatures! Imagine a tank with mini manta rays, mini sea turtles, and peaceful mini sharks. It would be amazing!

reef guy 56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they are also so stupid and do not understand saltwater things.

Ive seen them litterally swim into a groupers mouth because they are that stupid... or see clowns swimming into anenomes and think its OK for them to do it, only to get eatten by one.
I’ve kept multiple freshwater tanks and once they decide to bite the tail of a fish that had fin rot don’t ask how I got fin rot. And it died. When you think that they’re dumb, I’ve seen them swim into cichlid territory and get killed. I agree that there were the dumbest but they are hardy Don’t ask how this happened but at one point a little bit of ghost pepper got into the tank and all the fish died but Molly and by the way they live in fresh and brackish environments so how are they supposed to know that anemone is dangerous?

Last edited:

Tnops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve kept multiple freshwater tanks and once they decide to bite the tail of a fish that had fin rot don’t ask how I got fin rot. And it died. When you think that they’re dumb, I’ve seen them swim into cichlid territory and get killed. I agree that there were the dumbest but they are hardy Don’t ask how this happened but at one point a little bit of ghost pepper got into the tank and all the fish died but Molly and by the way they live in fresh and brackish environments so how are they supposed to know that anemone is dangerous?
there are many saltwater fish that probably don't interact naturally well with other organisms either. Heck, the ocean is so big there are probably thousands of species of fish that haven't ever seen coral or anemone either

Ziggy17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A trident style tester that tested for all parameters including nutrients and that dosed every element individually to perfection.
The new trident apparently will be testing nutrients, so looking forward to that. Not looking forward to the price tag.

Last edited:

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new trident apparently will be testing nutrients, so looking forward to that. Not looking forward to the price tag.
I thought it only did nitrates and phosphates and did not also include alkalinity, calcium and magnesium. That’s the one I’m holding out for!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back