What is she (BTA) doing?

NanoCrazed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@NanoCrazed have to find rock rubbles then .. all my rocks in sump are big ones ... may need to break it.
so potentially baby picasso x 2 may not be the issue here right? i mean the nem is probably 5 times or 7 times bigger than them.
Yeah, I don't think it's the clowns personally. My lightning maroons think every nem i introduce is the only one in the world and jam in there hard but my nems don't seem to care.

If they get unhappy with the attention, they just shrink inside the crevice until they're good and ready.

They nem may move eventually if you change something in your system that touches flow or lighting... but at least this will give it a good start.

This whole cave theory of mine is the only thing I do outside of a float and ensuring salinity is close before introducing to my tanks. I lost 2 nems previously before I finally doing this as they just kept walking into a powerhead or melted from stress

NanoCrazed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw, just to reiterated on point... make sure the opening of the cave is not directly facing a flow source... the nem will likely stick its foot inside the cave and stretch out the tips to compensate for what it needs

OP
OP
potatocouch

potatocouch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what you meant by cave , something like this right? something along the line like that?

s-l300.jpg

NanoCrazed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That works. Put the BTA in the dark area under the shelf and point it away from direct flow

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There really is two reasons a bta does that. They will let loose and swell up there foot and drift around when they are unhappy with the spot or conditions. The other is thier foot is damaged.

OP
OP
potatocouch

potatocouch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There really is two reasons a bta does that. They will let loose and swell up there foot and drift around when they are unhappy with the spot or conditions. The other is thier foot is damaged.

So she flew again lol, seriously this chick, so challenging, ends up on the side of wavemaker, lucky it was fully covered. And it currently attached to the wavemaker. This creature is amazing and now it puffs up.

What is interesting too, the two clowns standby her throughout the ordeal, talking about loyalty.

20180228_161415.jpg

OP
OP
potatocouch

potatocouch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 6: she moved again to the back tank down at sand substrate ...

Todd Kellley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested to see the advice about the clowns. I have a large BTA that was doing great the first 3 weeks we had it. Bought another porcelain for a small RBTA we have but it decided to go to the bigger BTA which already had its own crab who is 3 times the size of the new one. Figured it would chase the smaller one away. Nope they both hang out in it. But about the same time our chocolate clown pair decided to take up residence as well and now it stays mostly closed with long thin tentacles. Is it just annoyed and getting harassed too much? My first concern was my water parameters because the RBTA has moved and is not filling up like it used to either, but everything I test is dead on and using 2 different mfg test kits. All the time my carpet anemone has been thriving so pretty sure it is not the water.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 53 31.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 46 27.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back