What is this black stuff on coralline algae

  • Thread starter Thread starter krayzie
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

krayzie

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2023
Messages
127
Reaction score
77
Location
Sydney
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what this black stuff is on my coralline algae.

I have tried to remove it with a toothbrush but it does not come off and trying to scrape off with a finger nail it seems to be encrusted

My tank has been up for about 1.5 years and current parameters are
ALK. 8
CAL. 420
MAG 1400
Nitrate 10
PO4 0.08
SG 1.025
Temp 25c

Thanks

IMG_0794.jpeg IMG_0793.jpeg
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I have the same stuff, (sort of) but mine is more of a dark burgundy. Just here and there...
 
Upvote 0

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new