What is this?

  • Thread starter Thread starter whyzee429
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
FW exit works very well. WC and charcoal after is all that is needed after. Maybe repaet dose and all above, but all in all an EASY pest to deal with. No worrries.
 
They seem pretty easy to deal with thus far. I would like to run carbon in addition to water changes afterwards but I don't know how I'd do it in a sumpless, HOBless system.....anyone?
 
you can siphon them out with plastic tubing and have panty hose or filter sock and have the water go back in the sump. I would do this before you put the chemicals in, and also do it after you treat the tank. Also be sure to replace your carbon after the treatment.
 
No filters other than my protein skimmer. Frequent water changes, along with good flow and siphoning allow me to not have a traditional filter and I love it. However, without a sump it's hard to dose carbon. Can I put it in a mesh bag and set it on a frag rack?
 
I run a hob penguin or eheim filter and on occasion would put a carbon bag in the back, instead of regular filter pads. I like using filter pads on them and change them every 1-2 weeks. clears up the water pretty nice, especially with my over feeding.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new