What killed this angelfish in QT?

alexytman

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2017
Messages
303
Reaction score
109
What state or country do you live in
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This angelfish was going through QT. I let him eat for 4 days. I notice it pecking but didn't eat that much. Afterwards I ramped up copper over 4 days to therapeutic without any erratic behavior, it was always hiding in the PVC. Later I found it in a arched position with heavy breathing. I did a quick 5min freshwater dip but didn't notice anything falling off. Gills were a bit red and stomach bit pinched but seen skinnier. Some discoloration on sides and white fluff under fin that doesn't blow off in FW. Never did meds for internal parasite so is that the cause? White fluff also seen near the butt.

IMG20231116180511.jpg IMG20231116180504.jpg
 
This angelfish was going through QT. I let him eat for 4 days. I notice it pecking but didn't eat that much. Afterwards I ramped up copper over 4 days to therapeutic without any erratic behavior, it was always hiding in the PVC. Later I found it in a arched position with heavy breathing. I did a quick 5min freshwater dip but didn't notice anything falling off. Gills were a bit red and stomach bit pinched but seen skinnier. Some discoloration on sides and white fluff under fin that doesn't blow off in FW. Never did meds for internal parasite so is that the cause? White fluff also seen near the butt.

IMG20231116180511.jpg IMG20231116180504.jpg

What type of copper did you use?
What was the test kit?

Red gills are good. The pinched belly is a concern, the fish is very thin, and these don't have a lot of food reserves.

Jay
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new