What should I do with my GMK Zoa?

ecreef0258

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So when I was picking up some Zoas, a GMK Zoa was accidentally placed in the medium range price tanks. So I picked it up for around 50$. What should I do with it?

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My vote is that you enjoy it as a beautiful living thing instead of treating it like a commodity to exploit for profit. Put a frag plug next to it and when it grows onto the new plug, hook another reefer friend up with the kind of deal you got. 7 polyps for $50 = about $7/polyp. Share it with the expectation that he too pass it on "at cost" to another person when it grows, and with the understanding that if yours dies he will sell some back to you when he can.

Last edited:

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My vote is that you enjoy it as a beautiful living thing instead of treating it like a commodity to exploit for profit. Put a frag plug next to it and when it grows onto the new plug, hook another reefer friend up with the kind of deal you got. 7 polyps for $50 = about $7/polyp. Share it with the expectation that he too pass it on "at cost" to another person when it grows, and with the understanding that if yours does he will sell some back to you when he can.
Thats a nice thing to say and do,very encouraging hearing things like this and re- inforces my view of its nice to be nice and lots of nice people about ^_^

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What should I do with it?
stephen-colbert-colbert-report.gif

Hairyteeth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you turn up ur whites a lil, should be able to identify if it’s a gmk without filter…. Either way I’d let it settle in a bit before cutting it, like stated above

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried googling to see what the fuss was over. Pictures of 15 different zoas showed up all claiming to be GMK. This is why I don't buy or condone all these named coral.

Hairyteeth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried googling to see what the fuss was over. Pictures of 15 different zoas showed up all claiming to be GMK. This is why I don't buy or condone all these named coral.
Just goggled it to see what you where talking about… I see adds speckled in with different zoas but the rest on my search are all gmks… the black in the skirt takes a while to fully develop and often sold as a teenager with just a lil bit of black starting to show, but get what ur saying

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back