What should you really have in your CUC?

  • Thread starter Thread starter -Logzor
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 16, 2011
Messages
2,563
Reaction score
324
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest I haven't bought any dedicated CUC in years. Whats snails actually survive in our system long term and have a real impact?

What crabs and other creatures are effective?

I feel like half of CUC either end up being a nuisance or ends up dying in a few months.
 
The only thing I've liked are my Strombus Grazers, which populate by themselves. Do they actually do anything? Probably not but they're neat. I've have only a few left, when they fall off the glass my wrasse eats them....or they fall into the giant scroll coral and never return...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 36 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new