What to feed clownfish eggs?

DrewBrees713

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see eggs in my nano. I have no idea what to do? What to feed? Can i use reefroid , gonipower, etc? Please help

pugcrush

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see eggs in my nano. I have no idea what to do? What to feed? Can i use reefroid , gonipower, etc? Please help
It's a full time job honestly. At a minimum, you need a phyto/rotifer culture going. I've seen quite a few breeding facilities in the industry. Even a small time setup isnt even worth it unless you got alot of free time. Check out the breeding subforum for some ideas though. But fish eggs = fish/coral food. So your tank will still be happy at the end of the day!

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don’t feed the eggs. The don’t have the ability to eat yet but the babies are extremely hard to keep alive in a with other inhabitants

OP
OP
D

DrewBrees713

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well im raising them bc i dont want to see the eggs die. Its not for commercial reason. Just want to gove the egss a foghting chance.

Alexreefer

Coral, Coral, Coral!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will not feed the eggs as stated above. But once they hatch you need to feed constantly small food like can o cyclops, phyto, live baby brine shrimp. Also, can we get a pic of the eggs to see if possible to move to a grow out tank?

ccerone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clowns have eggs every 4 weeks. Looked into raising the fry, it was just too much work.

sabeypets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will need a 10 gallon tank with an air stone to hatch/raise them in and a rotifer culture/live rotifers to feed them. This is just a basic bare minimum, you will have to research how to raise clownfish.

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In all honesty, its best to think of their hatched fry as free coral food. Even if you spend the time and money raising the clowns, you will have a hard time getting rid of all of the babies. I think it's something like 6 months before they're able to go to market and even then, you're competing with a flooded market and a desire for the designer clown of the month.

Unless you want the pride of raising, its not worth the effort for most people. My clowns lay eggs every month and I stopped caring about the eggs years ago but its a good sign the clowns are healthy.

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To add to what others have already mentioned, unless you really know what you're doing, you're going to end up with a lot of fish with defects. In my opinion, that's worse than just letting the babies become fish food.

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to learn about the process, Google "pickles guide to breeding clownfish"

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back