OP
OP
jacobreynolds6883

jacobreynolds6883

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jacob how are your fish?? And how is the tank?

So my oldest fish the two clowns and still hanging in there, seem to be ok. They had a one day that breathing looked heavy but seem normal now eat as normal but color looks a little pale still. The coral beauty is still alive as well but still doesn't act right. Breathing is still heavy and it seems that it struggles to swim might be the characteristics of it being extremely stressed (this fish has always been a spaz. Also the fins on the coral beauty are torn up really bad, like the chemical ate them away. The other kole tang died and I noticed its fins appeared to be the same when I removed it. I have one cleaner shrimp moved to the QT now as well and seems to be holding on.

I removed the sump and took 90% of the display tank water out and filled it back up with new saltwater. I'm currently running the display without my sump while I'm redoing the silicone in the sump. I bought Aqueon silicone and it should be here today. I did rig up the carbon reactor to the display so it would continue to run carbon, just no filtration now. Most of my CUC from ReefCleaners appear to be dead (hard to tell with the small snails), also both my urchins died as well. I moved all my coral back to the display after giving them a Revive bath. The finger leather had built a black substances on it that I manually removed in the bath. I feel all my zoas and GSP rock will come back however unsure if the leathers will (toadstools look dead, finger leather looks dead, green cabbage looks ok). So now its a wait and see game.

Is there any medication that you suggest that could be used for the fins and to help with the fish coating since they were exposed to this chemical?

Areeflover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my oldest fish the two clowns and still hanging in there, seem to be ok. They had a one day that breathing looked heavy but seem normal now eat as normal but color looks a little pale still. The coral beauty is still alive as well but still doesn't act right. Breathing is still heavy and it seems that it struggles to swim might be the characteristics of it being extremely stressed (this fish has always been a spaz. Also the fins on the coral beauty are torn up really bad, like the chemical ate them away. The other kole tang died and I noticed its fins appeared to be the same when I removed it. I have one cleaner shrimp moved to the QT now as well and seems to be holding on.

I removed the sump and took 90% of the display tank water out and filled it back up with new saltwater. I'm currently running the display without my sump while I'm redoing the silicone in the sump. I bought Aqueon silicone and it should be here today. I did rig up the carbon reactor to the display so it would continue to run carbon, just no filtration now. Most of my CUC from ReefCleaners appear to be dead (hard to tell with the small snails), also both my urchins died as well. I moved all my coral back to the display after giving them a Revive bath. The finger leather had built a black substances on it that I manually removed in the bath. I feel all my zoas and GSP rock will come back however unsure if the leathers will (toadstools look dead, finger leather looks dead, green cabbage looks ok). So now its a wait and see game.

Is there any medication that you suggest that could be used for the fins and to help with the fish coating since they were exposed to this chemical?
First I’d like to ask.. on the coral beauty does it look like there is an excess amount of mucus on its body. Especially on the gills??? And for medication I’d suggest an antibiotic, for bacterial infections. Because they are so stressed. It shuts their immune system down so now the potential of them getting a fungal or bacterial infection is high.. also did you end up lowering salinity in the water they are in??

OP
OP
jacobreynolds6883

jacobreynolds6883

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First I’d like to ask.. on the coral beauty does it look like there is an excess amount of mucus on its body. Especially on the gills??? And for medication I’d suggest an antibiotic, for bacterial infections. Because they are so stressed. It shuts their immune system down so now the potential of them getting a fungal or bacterial infection is high.. also did you end up lowering salinity in the water they are in??

As far as I can tell no mucus on the body. While home at lunch today the coral beauty is no longer breathing hard and is moving around now. On the plus side it ate a few pellets, this is the first successful feeding since the incident. But the fins sure look horrible. They were not like this before. I’ve attached a few photos, sorry not the best, but it seems to struggle swimming due to loss of some fins. Also says he’s some photos of my leathers, what’s you opinion is the toadstools/finger dead?

F722E3E8-F7D6-44CC-9918-A5AA6AEC32FE.jpeg
D150FD65-3438-467B-8191-76C9CB0EE671.jpeg
4E74B498-BAAE-4B27-B14F-BB9A8BD3D839.jpeg
BD0A7A18-53C0-46FE-A24D-DB7C0B3CA28C.jpeg
5B1914EA-38F5-45DB-9F79-D67DAA3E55B7.jpeg
F07C85D3-4F99-429F-8EF8-513D9EB0BA8E.jpeg
1D733AC3-D0EB-4C4B-A594-3A89C605B85D.jpeg

OP
OP
jacobreynolds6883

jacobreynolds6883

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as I can tell no mucus on the body. While home at lunch today the coral beauty is no longer breathing hard and is moving around now. On the plus side it ate a few pellets, this is the first successful feeding since the incident. But the fins sure look horrible. They were not like this before. I’ve attached a few photos, sorry not the best, but it seems to struggle swimming due to loss of some fins. Also says he’s some photos of my leathers, what’s you opinion is the toadstools/finger dead?

F722E3E8-F7D6-44CC-9918-A5AA6AEC32FE.jpeg
D150FD65-3438-467B-8191-76C9CB0EE671.jpeg
4E74B498-BAAE-4B27-B14F-BB9A8BD3D839.jpeg
BD0A7A18-53C0-46FE-A24D-DB7C0B3CA28C.jpeg
5B1914EA-38F5-45DB-9F79-D67DAA3E55B7.jpeg
F07C85D3-4F99-429F-8EF8-513D9EB0BA8E.jpeg
1D733AC3-D0EB-4C4B-A594-3A89C605B85D.jpeg
Also I did not lower the salinity.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 76 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back