What's on my acropora?

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 24, 2018
Messages
1,438
Reaction score
2,017
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20180630_113931.jpg

Is this slime or stinging tentacles or something else?
 
they come from the coral itself, mesenterial filaments, could be triggered by feeding, could be caused by stress and in this care it does look stressed seems to be a fairly new addition.
 
Its slimming. Something disturbed it. No big deal at all usually. Mine do that when I blow off rocks or water change. Fragging causes it and lots of other things. Bugs can cause it too. Pests such as AEFW, Red Bugs, Black Bugs.
Did you disturb the tank in anyway?
 
Thanks for the replies . Yea the coral is new and I did do a water change yesterday. I haven't touched it or disturbed it today . It was possibly my tamarin wrasse searching for new critters on it or my nosy Angelfish.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new