whats up

dankreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey people just made an account here been lurking here for a while. Just got my new (used off cl) 125 set up second tank i've had. Did a run about 4 years ago not knowing anything always battled ick and crap did everything the wrong way. Well, im back and trying to do everything right this time. Tanks set up sump, built in overflows, 2 250w mh w. ice cap ballasts 14k, 20k. and a really nice 1hp chiller. soon adding 4 LED strips in 3 weeks. Have a hippo, yellow, zebra clown in qt (something i did not do last time) that are huge and amazingly nice looking fish. I was going to get rid of them but they are such good eaters and look really good. My local friend here and club have been helping me with rock and a few zoa's so far. Going mostly LPS. Just thought i'd say whats up maybe i'll throw in some pics when my lights turn on. :nerd:

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome!! Welcome to R2R (officially)!! Can't wait to see those pics!

OP
OP
dankreef

dankreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks im staining a canopy today and installing my new mh. Right now I have one of the tops w everything built in w legs on it. 3 175w 2 attinic and moons. (which I would love to sell if someone wants it, I would keep it but it lets too much light out in my front room)

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Looking forward to seeing those pics...

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Thanks for joining and I look forward to seeing your new tank!

OP
OP
dankreef

dankreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. My lights just turned on and I realized how crappy of pictures my phone takes in that light, its great otherwise but apparently not for fish tanks ! Here's some shots though so you can get an idea. The fish wouldn't leave me alone to take pics of rock they are such pigs!

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R, nice looking tank! 1smile1

OP
OP
dankreef

dankreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man:hat: Not sure about the great looking part yet looks pretty bland to me ! I've been putting a ton of work into it though when I got it, it was beyond nasty. Im not even sure what planet the stuff in the sump was from I wore like 3 pairs of gloves pulling it out finding all kinds of crazy spiked creatures in it. :cry: But I am in it for the long run this time so hopefully i'll be building up my reef soon if anyone has any frags they don't need around or some packs for a good starter price i'd love some! Sapped pretty dry from all this start up, hoping to have some zoa's and stuff to look at soon enough. I'll take some progress pics as it goes as well!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks great!

REEFKEEPER10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. Man a 1hp chiller are you trying to keep a cold water reef tank. I could be wrong but that seems a little strong. Either way feel free to ask any questions so we can get you as addicted as we are. Glad to have you here. :clap2:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back