Where is your tank located??

  • Thread starter Thread starter txreefer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I've been meaning to post in this thread for a while. I've been meaning to de-clutter even longer. Having no basement is not just a downside for reefs but regular life. House is a good size for us but limited storage in super open concept. Main tank is in dinning room. This side of the house is really just one big room with kitchen/dinning room / office nook area that could be a small second living room.

DSC_0191.JPG


DSC_0192.JPG


Second tank is on the edge of hallway / living room. One side is viewable from the couch. I like when you walk in through the main doors of my house there is a reef to your right and to your left. Of course most people use the side door but you can see both tanks from there too.

DSC_0193.JPG


DSC_0194.JPG
 
Technically it's in the living room, I recently took out the wall that separated the kitchen and living room, and redid all the kitchen cabinetry to match and flow with the aquarium cabinet.

20181001_075229.jpg

20181001_075141.jpg
This looks amazing! is it a 300G tank?
 
Now that is dedication when you redo your kitchen to match your tank. [emoji106] It all looks fantastic.
Technically it's in the living room, I recently took out the wall that separated the kitchen and living room, and redid all the kitchen cabinetry to match and flow with the aquarium cabinet.

20181001_075229.jpg

20181001_075141.jpg
 
This looks amazing! is it a 300G tank?
Thank you. It's a plywood tank 360g display (96w x 34h x 26d) 440 overall with sump in basement.

Now that is dedication when you redo your kitchen to match your tank. [emoji106] It all looks fantastic.
Thanks. When I built the tank and cabinetry I knew I was going to be removing the wall and knew a kitchen upgrade was something we both wanted and figured I'd try to get it all to flow/match.

Wow I’m impressed. Both with what you did and that the Mrs. allowed it.
Thanks, me too :) though the tank is mostly hers unless something needs to be done to it lol.
 
Last edited:
I'll try this again from further back so as to show the tank in the whole room. It looks pretty small in the scope of the whole space but it's much more of a focal point than this photo really shows.
20181108_145753_1541717946373_resized.jpg

:eek: That's one heck of an awesome view ... even without the tank. Wow!!
 
Straddles a staircase and the fuge and frag tank are in a closet on the other side of the wall.
April 2018.jpg
Tank to Sump.jpg


IMG_8878.JPG

Wow ! ! ! Just wow ! ! Nice location ! ! #reefsquad look at this :-)
 
Straddles a staircase and the fuge and frag tank are in a closet on the other side of the wall.
April 2018.jpg
Tank to Sump.jpg


IMG_8878.JPG
Must not be in earthquake country. Yikes :D
 
That is crazy would not want to have to clean on that end of the tank.
 
I wanted it all the way across the 11ft but that was given the thumbs down by the boss. Building it into the bookshelves made the Mrs happy(ish) So that's the way it went! I got nearly 7ft and she got bookshelves. :D
 
@2CC's can you post some more pictures showing the supports for the tank? That is one of the most original and unusual tank setups I've ever seen!


View attachment 894960 Sure. The base is two 2" x 3" x 0.25" angle with 1" plywood on top of that. The angle goes right through the slightly re-enforced wall into the closet where is is supported and fixed in place with a little more metal. Its sturdy. The floor below had a load bearing structure beam on the one side and a stud wall on the other side so that was also covered. An yes a lot of persons are skeptical when they first see it (or go down the stairs o_O)
View attachment 894960

IMG_20181119_2045120.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new