Where to buy Clean chaeto ?

Rijodan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With algae barn OOS on chaeto wheres a good place to get some pest free chaeto. I am fully qting any fish going into this tank as well as the frags that will come later down the road, so dont want to destroy all that just by chunking whoever's cheato into the tank.

Any good places to buy cheato other than algae barn?

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With algae barn OOS on chaeto wheres a good place to get some pest free chaeto. I am fully qting any fish going into this tank as well as the frags that will come later down the road, so dont want to destroy all that just by chunking whoever's cheato into the tank.

Idk but if you find out please let me know

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just about to say algae barn 100% but that sucks they’re out :(

lhuynh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tennis ball size is available at Algae Barn

Shadows Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on anywhere else ?I started a new tank and I’m at that point where I want to add my chaeto and they haven’t had it for the last month any idea on other sources? And no I don’t trust my LFS did that once... won’t do it again. It’s not really like a coral where I can dip it to remove pests

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do u have a uv light?? If you do I’ve come up with a self made algae scrubber in my refugium where I used to have nice ball of spinning cheato now it’s an algae scrubber I have my refugium lined in black corse plastic, I did that to block light from going into other chambers making a mess to clean,, anyway I put the return hose from my UV light into the refugium to make a flow and ripple top of water, and within 2 weeks algae started growing on the plastic and just took off ( killing my cheato) and now I have an algae scrubber and my tank is crystal clear

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My algae barn chaeto a year ago was anything but "clean" had sponge growing in it, a snail, and amphipods galore. I am trying reef cleaners to see if it's better.

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Algae barn puts it for sale at noon most every Friday. I saw it last week. Doesn't last long. Sometimes it is only available with the reef starter packs.

colossal_tater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine from reef cleaners a year and a half ago. It had no pests whatsoever. Did have some limpets in it, but that's the only thing living I ever found. Great stuff. Been growing it ever since.

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Algeabarn is great bit pricey. I throw away a bucket full every 2 weeks. My coral guy take a bucket now and then. It makes my eyes pop out every time I see a handful for 15 bucks. Lol. Maybe lfs. Give it a freshwater copper dip if it's been with fish.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back