Where to get unions on the Geo 612 calcium reactor

dangros

View Badges
Reaction score
Can anyone point me to where I can purchase the o-rings needed for the unions on a Geo 612 calcium reactor????? I would even get the union just to pull the o-ring out of it.
Getting them from the orig manufacturer seems to take too long.

Last edited:
Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

ndrwater

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Check with a local hardware store. Not one if the Mega Box stores, but something like an Ace hardware.
Most o-rings are standard sizes. Bring half the union, or, the old o-ring to match it up

OP
dangros

dangros

View Badges
Reaction score
I dont have the old o-ring. Thats the problem. When I cleaned the reactor out the other day, it fell out and someone threw it out while I was at work!

Fumanchu

View Badges
Reaction score
Reach out to them on R2R they are great they will respond.. I posted on thread I was having difficulty and they reached out on there own..I was surprised and so thankful..

OP
dangros

dangros

View Badges
Reaction score
I emailed directly but by the time I get a response and it’s shipped will be too long. I would like to get it done this weekend if possible

OP
dangros

dangros

View Badges
Reaction score
It’s not there. In fact I made a blind attempt at guessing which prong it was. I ordered the one set without a size and it took almost 3 weeks

OP
dangros

dangros

View Badges
Reaction score
I see part of the issue here! When I first tried contacting geo's reef about this issue a couple months ago, I responded to the same email I used to interact with George when I purchased the reactor: [email protected]. Apparently, the email on the website is now [email protected]. That is the email I used as a follow-up when I didnt get a response on sept 25th. Both are in my gmail history/address book so I wasnt paying attention to which one was being used.

I actually sent a picture of the bottom of the reactor (which contains a clear shot of the union) on our email exchange on the 25th. Then I followed up confirming using the original email w/o realizing it. Since I got no response to the followup I resorted to this thread to see if the community could tell me which o-ring it was.
I'll give you a call in a minute.

OP
dangros

dangros

View Badges
Reaction score
Geo612botom.JPG
Geo612fullShot.JPG

I'll also resent the images to your email at [email protected]. Since my emails to [email protected] did not bounce back, I suspect that the account is still active. I recommend setting it up to forward emails so that others who have interacted using that email get responses.

https://www.omegasea.net/

How do you run activated carbon on your reef tank?

• Reactor

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Filter Sock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mesh Bag

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • Other (please explain in the thread)

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I don't run Carbon

Votes: 9 20.9%

Online statistics

Members online