• Other

Votes: 78 26.4%

• Total voters

brandon clow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was in my office before the upgrade. The planning committee signed of on the living room so who am I to argue. Tank is only 3 weeks into being transferred so there are still some cosmetic work to be done.
20200913_163945.jpg

Lowlandreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still live at home (I'm a student in college), so I started my tank in my bedroom because that's where I spent most of my time. My tank was a bit loud at the beginning which drove me crazy, so I needed to fix that. But moving a tank is pretty difficult, so I decided to move my bed to a spare room because that was easier. So my tank is kinda in my bedroom, but I don't sleep there anymore haha. I guess I could say my tank is in my office now?

MW319

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Growing up I had 2 tanks in my bedroom and 2 tanks in the dinning room. I was very young and my father helped me build a 20 gal show tank. It was fantastic. Months later while I was at school, elementary school, my mother and our next door neighbor were having coffee in the dinning room and the show tank had a blow out. The front panel blew off the tank and flooded the dinning. Luckily my mom and neighbor scooped up all the fish that were flopping on the floor and threw them in my other 3 tanks. Unfortunately, one of those tanks had oscars in them so that didn’t go very wel

Years later our family moved down to palm beach/lake worth and my collection went from 4 smaller tanks to two 40 gal tanks both were in the dinning room. Luckily no tank Catastrophes happened during that time.

Fast forward a few years later and the family moves to Orlando. I had graduated high school and got a temporary job working on a sailing yacht for 3 months. My tanks had changed from 2 40 gallon breaders to a 55 gal salt tank in our family room and a 15 gallon hexagon tank which was at the foot of one of my single beds in my bedroom and a 20 gallon show tank which was at the foot of my other single bed. Both of these tanks were salt water tanks as well. My parents took care of my tanks for the 3 months I was away working. On my return home I started college and got a PT job.

Next Catastrophe, while I was at my PT job, I got a call from my younger brother stating that our family home was on fire and I needed to come home. He also stated that the fire department was already at our house working on getting the fire out. Now the scary part. It turns out that one of the extension cords that I was using to power one of my tanks-had gotten under one of the coaster wheels of the bed which fraid the extension cord and started the fire. The firemen said that i was lucky that the fire had started in the afternoon and not during the middle of the night while I was sleeping in the bed. Possibly could have been the end of me. Both tanks in the room were destroyed however we managed to get the fish out of both tanks in my room and transferred them to my tank in the family room. They all made it.

My bedroom was the only thing destroyed during the fire. I moved out of my parent’s house that day and moved into my older brothers house which was vacant at the time. Oh, my brother was working out of town for months at a time, so I knew he wouldn’t mind me moving in and I brought my tank with me. The funny thing is my parents gave me $6,000 out of the insurance money to help me replace my clothing and other personal property I lost in the fire. Now the family jokes about that they had to pay me to get me out of their house.

Please note that I got rid of that tank the next year and I was out of the hobby for many many years until 18 months ago I purchased a WB 170 and it has been smooth sailing. Fingers crossed. LOL. Also I voted other. Living, dining & bedroom.
Scott R, I bet you didn’t expect some long boring story. Sorry

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Living room, but it's kind of a divider between the living room and dining room.

Dining room/kitchen is on the other side of the tank. The tank sits behind a buffet table at the end of the wall, which doubles as my ATO container hider, and all the apex stuff.

20200921_160037.jpg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi, @ScottR i voted other ,great thread ,does it matter if all are filled yet? let me know before i answer ;) :cool:
meanwhile i'll go snap some pics :)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Which room? Which Tank?

Big one in the living room and the two others in the den

SaltISlife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my next setup, the bedroom

Well the way i see it is.. Im in my room the most due to my gaming computer in there.. my bed and i dont watch t.v too much. Since i have so much money in my tank. Id rather have ot by my bed so i csn lay in bed and watch my tabk.. specially when i turn the blue leds on for the glowy laser quest look.

Another positive of having ny tank in my room and a side effect is im a mouth breather when i sleep. And i would always get such dry mouth and dry gums sleeping. It got so bad my gun were receeding.

With my 135 gallon and 60g hexagon in my bedroom even with glass tops the evaporation has caused my room to be more moist and i havent had dry mouth in over a year now.

The only negative is the 80-82f tank and evaporation in the summer being on the 3rd level of the house.. makes the room really warm. So i have to have a ceiling fan going full blast in summer to keep me cool.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back