White blemish

Reefthedayaway

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
White blemish underneath the skin off a yellow tang. Only visible under moon light. Fish has had it for months, no signs of stress, looks fat & happy, no scratching or flicking, hasn't spread to other fish and won't pose for a photograph. GO!!

DSC_1124.JPG

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most likely crypto. Fish can live with crypto for years if the population doesn’t get out of control. Best to treat the fish if you have the setup though.

OP
OP
Reefthedayaway

Reefthedayaway

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most likely crypto. Fish can live with crypto for years if the population doesn’t get out of control. Best to treat the fish if you have the setup though.
Finally someone has told me something other than whitespot lol LFS telling me whitespot. I didn't come up the lagan in a bubble. I've been keeping marine for 5 years, I know ich when I see it. Now that I've never dealt with crypto, what is it.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally someone has told me something other than whitespot lol LFS telling me whitespot. I didn't come up the lagan in a bubble. I've been keeping marine for 5 years, I know ich when I see it. Now that I've never dealt with crypto, what is it.
Lol. Crypto is what people refer to as marine ich. Ich is a freshwater parasite. Cryptocaryon irritans is the actual name.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My blue hippo had the same thing for months. Can’t see it during the day, I know that rodeo. It also didn’t spread to other fish. But occasionally the blue hippo would get a few more, then sometimes none.

Power outage got all my fish a few days ago. So I don’t have the best success story here, lol.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back