White Gunk On Frogspawn

Cole_Voeller

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 30, 2022
Messages
627
Reaction score
173
Location
Fargo
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I purchased a piece of Frogspawn that I believe was cut just yesterday. I currently am floating it in my coral QT tank. The polyps have some white gunk coming off of them. Is this something from stress that I shouldn’t worry about? Or should I try to blow the gunk off before putting it into the tank with other LPS corals in it? Thank you
 
3A48F3BB-39BD-4B0F-9A45-EFDEBAEDF96F.jpeg
4115AE36-F2DB-478F-A318-97B1CFEC9C23.jpeg

Sorry forgot to attach pictures
 
Depends on this gunk, any chance for photos? A lot of the time it's mucus from the coral being stressed.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new