White spot on Setosa?

fishnchip

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2018
Messages
792
Reaction score
546
Location
FL
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi guys!

So I picked up this setosa frag from a local frag swap about a week ago. It has this little brown spot on it and so I asked the vendor if it would heal and they said it would. I've been keeping an eye on it and now it has turned white. I don't know what it is or if it's getting better so I thought I'd ask for some input! If it's going to keep getting worse I'm thinking of just cutting the bottom portion with this white spot off.

Any suggestions??

Thanks #reefsquad
IMG_8193.JPG
 
It should be fine in due time. If not then conditions are not favorable within your system. It does otherwise look very healthy and happy though.
 
Based off the image it looks like there was just a little piece broken off at that point.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new