White stuff on red planet

thesoulpatch

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 7, 2017
Messages
621
Reaction score
333
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've noticed some white filmy looking stuff on the acro and the tissue is dying? I cant really tell based on where its placed. But any ideas?

Its had decent pe but recently not so much. I've checked at night nothing is bothering ot

Mag 1450
Calc 480
Alk 8.5


20190426_194516.jpg
20190426_194522.jpg
20190426_194528.jpg
 
I did months ago when i got him. He's been in the same spot for at least 1 or 2 months.

and a no on the snails.
 
Dip it again

It’s dead if you don’t

And get a bunch of gel CA glue

If it has AEFWs. All of the other acros do too. Dip them all.

Then dip in a week. Good luck.
 
Last edited:
Yea dip again. One dip can easy miss flatworm eggs. He looks rough so I dip again. Rule him out but dipping him to find pest could save the rest.
 
Well let the fun begin.

20190426_210104.jpg
 
Is that bayer? I like coral RX so you can see if anything falls off. Never used bayer cause I can’t see through it. Let us know what you find.
 
IT's all I have on hand at the moment.
 
Well after dipping every single one nothing came off of them that I could see. I poured all liquid through the smallest sieve that I had which WAS used to catch bbs and I got nothing. Which is a good thing right?

But also leaves me at a loss....
 
PO4 is <.1 and NO3 is 10.
 
Well, I used my coral feeder to blow off some stuff around the red planet and ALL of the tissue came flying off....so it's dead. RIP.
 
I guess it was RTN hidingbecause that WHOLE thing turned white instantly when I blew on it.
 
So I've noticed some white filmy looking stuff on the acro and the tissue is dying? I cant really tell based on where its placed. But any ideas?

Its had decent pe but recently not so much. I've checked at night nothing is bothering ot

Mag 1450
Calc 480
Alk 8.5


20190426_194516.jpg
20190426_194522.jpg
20190426_194528.jpg
That looks like a coral in very, very rough shape.
 
Whats your lighting and flow look like? How old is the tank? Using RODI? Calibrated refractometer and verified SG? Temp?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new