who vac's their sand???

  • Thread starter Thread starter miyags
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

miyags

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 12, 2009
Messages
1,787
Reaction score
814
Location
Erie PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just redid my rock work and major cleaning. and the sand is full of dirt. It needs a vac. the tanks been running for about 15 years. It's been about 3 years since my last major cleaning. TO VAC OR NOT TO VAC THAT IS THE QUESTION.
 
I've got a DSB and don't touch it.
 
I use to, but I stepped on the tube of my gravel cleaner and smashed it. I also read to leave sand bed alone. My sand beds about 1 1/2 to 2 in. Full of dark gray crud.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new