Why Do You Visit Reef2Reef?

Why Do You Visit Reef2Reef? (Check all that apply)

  • Reefing advice and info

    Votes: 26 74.3%
  • Sales

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Participate in a community of friends

    Votes: 21 60.0%
  • Follow my favorite reefing people

    Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Enter giveaways and drawings

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • All the above

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Other

    Votes: 4 11.4%

  • Total voters
    35

Reefer Matt

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
May 15, 2021
Messages
11,243
Reaction score
42,952
Location
US
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefers visit R2R for many reasons. What’s yours? (This is my curiosity and was not encouraged by any staff).

I personally come here for reefing info and to talk with other Reefers. You are my kind of people! Yes, even you, lol! 🫵🏻
 
I come here to talk with reefers from all parts of the planet. Without this outlet my reefing experience is limited to lfs and local friends.
It's cool to talk with someone on the other side of the planet who enjoys reefing. These are people, like many here whom I will never meet, but share a common interest that brings us together.
 
To keep you in line
 
To keep you in line
Fear What GIF by Minions
 
To learn everything that has to do with this hobby. Preventative measures if I run into problems that I find some users having as well as offering help and advice to people that might help there situation. Seeing build threads of people that have a very similar setup to mine. Seeing the success they have and trying to mimic certain equipment and care they use. There are millions of problems that can happen in this hobby and preventing them or knowing what to do in certain situations is key to being successful in it.
 
Great thread! I really want this community to be the best and stay the best and I’m always willing to adapt and change to make the R2R experience the best it can be. Sometimes I lose focus or focus on the wrong things, trying to “create” or “manufacture” an amazing space for everyone when my focus should be elsewhere. Polls like this and even constructive negative feedback help me see more clearly! :)
 
Great thread! I really want this community to be the best and stay the best and I’m always willing to adapt and change to make the R2R experience the best it can be. Sometimes I lose focus or focus on the wrong things, trying to “create” or “manufacture” an amazing space for everyone when my focus should be elsewhere. Polls like this and even constructive negative feedback help me see more clearly! :)

Michael Scott Wink GIF
 
I selected all. I also put down "other" because in addition to all the reasons, I look for inspiration or creative ideas for my tank; be it aquascape, corals, colors or new critters.
 
IT’S FUN!

Seriously though, there’s a wealth of information and ideas to gather from these threads (and all of you guys) including this one!

I only wish that some people were more chill on this forum and take all that negative juju and channel it positively. When the threads go down that road, makes me sad for us.

#KEEPREEFINGFUN
 
I have been visiting this site for years but just recently became a member. I find the knowledge within the forum invaluable. I have never run an elaborate setup and like to keep things as simple as possible. This site has been extremely helpful in choosing the right light, protein skimmer, how to set up the back chambers of an AIO without breaking the bank. I've also used the forum a good bit for coral placement. I don't generally post on here as I am by no means an expert.
 
I have been visiting this site for years but just recently became a member. I find the knowledge within the forum invaluable. I have never run an elaborate setup and like to keep things as simple as possible. This site has been extremely helpful in choosing the right light, protein skimmer, how to set up the back chambers an AIO without breaking the bank. I've also used the forum a good bit for coral placement. I don't generally post on here as I am by no means an expert.

Expert or not you're welcome to post anytime!! Thank you for being a member!
 
I have been visiting this site for years but just recently became a member. I find the knowledge within the forum invaluable. I have never run an elaborate setup and like to keep things as simple as possible. This site has been extremely helpful in choosing the right light, protein skimmer, how to set up the back chambers an AIO without breaking the bank. I've also used the forum a good bit for coral placement. I don't generally post on here as I am by no means an expert.
I’m glad you also find it helpful too! I’m addicted now, lol! But you don’t have to be an expert to share your journey or opinions. I am not one either, and they haven’t kicked me out…yet. (Where’s Crabs?!) But seriously you’re in good hands here, and should have no problem finding others to talk tanks with if you want to. Welcome!
 
Okay, in all seriousness, I come here to keep a pulse on the hobby. What is new, what are people trying, what new DIY additive seems to have promise,etc

I also learn all of my chemistry/biology from Randy and the other amazing chemists/biologists we have here. I don’t want to trust a Google search when it comes to that stuff. Randy is absolutely priceless for all that
 
I’m glad you also find it helpful too! I’m addicted now, lol! But you don’t have to be an expert to share your journey or opinions. I am not one either, and they haven’t kicked me out…yet. (Where’s Crabs?!) But seriously you’re in good hands here, and should have no problem finding others to talk tanks with if you want to. Welcome!
Same! I started when I was 18 back in 2002 and just can't seem to stop.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new