• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Why

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Tacticool-Reefer

I have spoken!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t normally air my grievances on a public forum but the situation has become unrealistic in nature. If an online retailer is going to post an item for sale and have it available with the words “in stock” (regardless of it being drop shipped or not) during the checkout process then they commit to providing, said item, to their customers. That is the very essence of a fair purchase agreement and the fulfillment process by which the retailer and patron agrees to.

To be clear my purpose with this post isn’t a drag your name through the mud but, rather understand how on two separate occasions you can miss lead me into thinking you had an item on your website for purchase and then communicate with me once via email and a Second time with a phone call stating that it was not, and you had made a mistake?!?!

Nov. 17th
Placed an order for a Nuevo EXT 100 paid in full!

Nov. 23rd
Received and email from your customer service manager, informing me that you heard from innovative marine and that the tank and stand in question was not “in stock”!

Minutes after receiving that email, I contacted your customer service manager directly and we worked out what I thought would be an amicable fix for all parties involved. I had already purchased an entire laundry list of items around that SIZE tank. Regardless, I paid the additional cost for an upgraded tank (EXT 150), I have to admit I wasn’t too upset at that point only because I was getting an upgrade (for a nominal yet additional fee) and she assured me she had “double checked” with the manufacturer and that the tank was indeed “in-stock” and would be processed accordingly.

However, the gear I ordered prior to that was for a smaller system and now I have to try and make everything work or go through the hassle of sending everything back, regardless of whether it would be too small and undersized for said new system.

Dec 1st:
Something tells me I need to follow up with innovative marine just to ensure I’m in their system (maybe they can give me an update and a timeframe for delivery since I didn’t get one from BRS yet). I give them a call and I talked to one of their customer service agents, he double checked and my name was actually in their system, I felt good! That is up until the time he told me that there was something wrong with my orders because the original EXT 100 was never canceled by you (BRS).

Innovative marine took it upon themselves to contact you (BRS), to try and figure out what was going on. A few minutes later I get a phone call from your customer service manager again who I talk to over two weeks ago now. Supposedly, they fix the order but however the new tank (The replacement INT150) is, in actuality, not “in stock”. The same customer service manager who told me before that she double checked and it was?!?!
Basically telling me now, that I wouldn’t be able to receive a tank until sometime around the END of January 2021.

I say this with the upmost respect, you guys were great to do business with about three years ago but your recent dealings have a lot to be desired. I don’t need someone to tell me on the phone that it’s the manufacturers fault and I don’t need the manufacturer to tell me that it’s the retailers issues.

What I need is for you to commit to your customer and follow through with those commitments and not generate a bunch of excuses. Or even offer me BRS points because of the hassle that you have put me through now regardless of who’s fault it is.

Again, I’m not attempting to bash you whatsoever but it just feels you guys have grown so big that you lost sight of everything that made you my “go-to” to begin with.

I’m unsure if this post will be taken down or locked for any additional commentary by the moderation team (they do a great job of keeping the peace, but this has nothing to do with keeping the peace) or by David himself.

Last edited:

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t normally air my grievances on a public forum but the situation has become unrealistic in nature. If an online retailer is going to post an item for sale and have it available with the words “in stock” (regardless of it being drop shipped or not) during the checkout process then they commit to providing, said item, to their customers. That is the very essence of a fair purchase agreement and the fulfillment process by which the retailer and patron agrees to.

To be clear my purpose with this post isn’t a drag your name through the mud but, rather understand how on two separate occasions you can miss lead me into thinking you had an item on your website for purchase and then communicate with me once via email and a Second time with a phone call stating that it was not, and you had made a mistake?!?!

Nov. 17th
Placed an order for a Nuevo EXT 100 paid in full!

Nov. 23rd
Received and email from your customer service manager, informing me that you heard from innovative marine and that the tank and stand in question was not “in stock”!

Minutes after receiving that email, I contacted your customer service manager directly and we worked out what I thought would be an amicable fix for all parties involved. I had already purchased an entire laundry list of items around that SIZE tank. Regardless, I paid the additional cost for an upgraded tank (EXT 150), I have to admit I wasn’t too upset at that point only because I was getting an upgrade (for a nominal yet additional fee) and she assured me she had “double checked” with the manufacturer and that the tank was indeed “in-stock” and would be processed accordingly.

However, the gear I ordered prior to that was for a smaller system and now I have to try and make everything work or go through the hassle of sending everything back, regardless of whether it would be too small and undersized for said new system.

Dec 1st:
Something tells me I need to follow up with innovative marine just to ensure I’m in their system (maybe they can give me an update and a timeframe for delivery since I didn’t get one from BRS yet). I give them a call and I talked to one of their customer service agents, he double checked and my name was actually in their system, I felt good! That is up until the time he told me that there was something wrong with my orders because the original EXT 100 was never canceled by you (BRS).

Innovative marine took it upon themselves to contact you (BRS), to try and figure out what was going on. A few minutes later I get a phone call from your customer service manager again who I talk to over two weeks ago now. Supposedly, they fix the order but however the new tank (The replacement INT150) is, in actuality, not “in stock”. The same customer service manager who told me before that she double checked and it was?!?!
Basically telling me now, that I wouldn’t be able to receive a tank until sometime around the END of January 2021.

I say this with the upmost respect, you guys were great to do business with about three years ago but your recent dealings have a lot to be desired. I don’t need someone to tell me on the phone that it’s the manufacturers fault and I don’t need the manufacturer to tell me that it’s the retailers issues.

What I need is for you to commit to your customer and follow through with those commitments and not generate a bunch of excuses. Or even offer me BRS points because of the hassle that you have put me through now regardless of who’s fault it is.

Again, I’m not attempting to bash you whatsoever but it just feels you guys have grown so big that you lost sight of everything that made you my “go-to” to begin with.

I’m unsure if this post will be taken down or locked for any additional commentary by the moderation team (they do a great job of keeping the peace, but this has nothing to do with keeping the peace) or by David himself.
Hi @Tacticool-Reefer ,
I'm so sorry to hear about all of the back and forth, and ultimately, the disappointment given this whole situation. You're right that we work with Innovative Marine to determine stock numbers, but at the end of the day, you ordered through us and it's our responsibility to make sure we deliver on our side of the bargain. I can't promise that we'll be able to make the tank arrive any sooner, but I'd like to look into this so that at the very least, we can improve this drop-ship experience for the future. If you wouldn't mind sending us a PM with either your order number or BRS account email, I would greatly appreciate it and we can go from there.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back