Wierd passive agrresive behavior.

Llyod276

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I paired and anem bonded some lightning maroon clown fish in my tank. Very fast it seems too. And no problems there.

Really dont know if it's a problem or it's just life now, prolly the latter. So my maroon clowns are 4" and 2" and the tank boss, stripey the sailfin is a lil bigger/ samesizeish as the maroon.

Female protects the anem site and charges the sailfin when he's in the area. The sailfin retreats but then at least 2x now (that I have observed) has swam above the offending clownfish and defecated upon them and the anem.

Hmmm.

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

jpnegrete14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The clownfish behavior is extremely normal and many fish go chasing after their tankmates' poop trails so I wouldn't be too concerned. Poop's great for corals and if I had to guess the anemone will probably find some nutritional value in it too

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The clownfish behavior is extremely normal and many fish go chasing after their tankmates' poop trails so I wouldn't be too concerned. Poop's great for corals and if I had to guess the anemone will probably find some nutritional value in it too

He was saying his sail fin was being chased by his clown. Then the sailfin would go and poop over the nem and clown as a way to get back at the clown

OP
OP
Llyod276

Llyod276

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He was saying his sail fin was being chased by his clown. Then the sailfin would go and poop over the nem and clown as a way to get back at the clown
Exactomundo, senior. But the question I guess which fish in this scenario do name "Karen"?

jpnegrete14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! I've always found responses explaining your thought process beneficial so that's what I do myself. I could have just said, "IMO it's not a problem" but I find that lacking. I think a healthy response to answers like that would be, "Why don't you think it's a problem?" so instead I avoid that and explain myself from the beginning, use context and if I'm really motivated I'll even add a link supporting my statement like I did today.

I talked about the clown behavior protecting the nem, fish interactions with poop, and the possible nutritional benefits for the nem getting pooped on by corelating it to the benefits between fish poop and corals. I thought my response showed quite obviously that I believed the tang pooping on said clown and nem was not a problem, but I guess not since you felt the need to clarify the post for me ;Sorry

Sorry for the confusion @Llyod276 Conclusion. Your situation is all good! ;Happy

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! I've always found responses explaining your thought process beneficial so that's what I do myself. I could have just said, "IMO it's not a problem" but I find that lacking. I think a healthy response to answers like that would be, "Why don't you think it's a problem?" so instead I avoid that and explain myself from the beginning, use context and if I'm really motivated I'll even add a link supporting my statement like I did today.

I talked about the clown behavior protecting the nem, fish interactions with poop, and the possible nutritional benefits for the nem getting pooped on by corelating it to the benefits between fish poop and corals. I thought my response showed quite obviously that I believed the tang pooping on said clown and nem was not a problem, but I guess not since you felt the need to clarify the post for me ;Sorry

Sorry for the confusion @Llyod276 Conclusion. Your situation is all good! ;Happy
Maybe I was confused lol it was early and I had just woke up. Re-reading your post I think I was still not awake lol

OP
OP
Llyod276

Llyod276

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Buddy dont worrumy bout it. Nothing to apologize for. This was a humor post. Levity. If this is height of agression I can live with it, and so will they.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 122 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back