Will it survive?! Bleached green bubble tip!

AceShadow_Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
I have this green bubble tip nem that used to be doing great until I gave it to a buddy who put it with nems that attacked it through bacterial warfare and he must've had the lights on very bright too because he came back to me freaking out about them nem. Pics attached are before giving it to him and and after getting it back.

Will it survive?? So far it's been moving and it's foot is okay, not sure how to proceed. I've heard people cutting off a piece of the foot and letting that grow into a new nem, thinking that would be worth trying maybe, not sure. Any input and suggestions are always appreciated! Thanks a bunch and happy reefing!

20200404_195952.jpg 20200601_101509.jpg 20200601_101522.jpg

snowhite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't heard of just a piece of the foot, like you can with mushrooms, etc. Usually halving them that includes the mouth, but that's for healthy 'nem's that have split before and are capable of healing themselves.

Curious of others thoughts...

lilgrounchuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks rough. Is it sticky? Mouth open or closed? Mine was that bleached when I got it, but had more tentacle length. It wasn’t sticky so I fed small pieces of shrimp, pellets, and reef roids (alternated) two times a week with all flow off. After about a month it got sticky, two months got color, and by three it was doing just fine. Good luck.

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One recommendation i would make would be to isolate it from any clowns. At this point they may do more harm than good stressing it by trying to host. It will need lots of TLC and even more patience. It will take a while for it to be healthy. With it being bleached feeding will be needed, but let it get comfy first in your tank (wait a few days). Then take it slow, small feedings spaced out.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your nem is in poor shape when you manually split, it will be in worse shape after. It's not like trimming RTN off a stick. It needs to be left alone with good conditions and time.

snowhite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a green bubbletip that was bleached badly when I got it. I kind of had pitty on him sitting alone in the LFS.
I've had him for about 3 months now and he's existed, and is fine, but I've never gotten him to eat. He has no interest in grabbing onto food at all. Tried him in my display tank with a Midnight clownfish hosting him, and currently in a frag tank with other bubbletips and some rockflowers.

lilgrounchuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a green bubbletip that was bleached badly when I got it. I kind of had pitty on him sitting alone in the LFS.
I've had him for about 3 months now and he's existed, and is fine, but I've never gotten him to eat. He has no interest in grabbing onto food at all. Tried him in my display tank with a Midnight clownfish hosting him, and currently in a frag tank with other bubbletips and some rockflowers.
Mine was the same and to get him to eat I had to cut all flow and put the food right on the mouth. My clowns also didn’t take to it, so maybe that helped.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 131 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back