Wilmington NC

CodyRVA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might be be moving into the area in a month or two. What's the area like for the hobby? Any decent LFS's? Any local clubs or anything? I trade/sell frags a lot.

OP
OP
tanklife3

tanklife3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a decent lfs. And I know there is a club but I'm not a part of it. Where are you moving from?

sonya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have some SB Reef Lights near Jacksonville, Wilmington? Needed for s 225g reef.

CodyRVA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
* BUMP * I have frags for sale in Wilmington, to name a few:

Hollywood Chalice
Favia - Green & Pineapple
Frogspawn Colony
Zoas and Palys: Hawaiian PE, WWC Halle Berry, Reverse Space Monster, Sunny Ds, Fire and Ice
Toadstool
Xenia
GSP
Pink Pavona
Green Psammocora
ORA Green Birdsnest
Purple and Rainbow Stylo

Fish Werx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a few frags off of @CodyRVA and can say he has one of the nicest systems I have seen in a long time. Anyone in the area interested in some of his livestock should go ahead and grab some up!

AcroCrush

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for frags to swap or to just sell some of mine, but early last year I was burned by a local guy in Jacksonville that gave me a great deal on all his corals and the acro eating flat worms and monti eating slugs. I took me six months of dipping to get rid of them and I lost some colonies as well. His name is Frank, FYI.

So I am putting myself out in the community (don't trade if you have bugs) again.

I have WYSIWYG; Yellowish Green Pocillopora frag $25, a few types of Pavona, green on conch shell $50 and Pavona, purple frag $15, Galaxea grown out on conch shell $40, Stunner chalice $15 (not pictured). Note that I need tips on taking photos under reef lighting.

Pocillopora.jpg
Galaxea.jpg
Pavona.jpg
Pavonafrag.jpg

CodyRVA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for frags to swap or to just sell some of mine, but early last year I was burned by a local guy in Jacksonville that gave me a great deal on all his corals and the acro eating flat worms and monti eating slugs. I took me six months of dipping to get rid of them and I lost some colonies as well. His name is Frank, FYI.

So I am putting myself out in the community (don't trade if you have bugs) again.

I have WYSIWYG; Yellowish Green Pocillopora frag $25, a few types of Pavona, green on conch shell $50 and Pavona, purple frag $15, Galaxea grown out on conch shell $40, Stunner chalice $15 (not pictured). Note that I need tips on taking photos under reef lighting.

Pocillopora.jpg
Galaxea.jpg
Pavona.jpg
Pavonafrag.jpg

Are you on the wilmington reefers fb group? You need an orange filter or color balancing app on your phone to tone back the blues. What's the last image of?

AcroCrush

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you on the wilmington reefers fb group? You need an orange filter or color balancing app on your phone to tone back the blues. What's the last image of?
That last image is a grown over plug of a dark purple hairy pavona. Not sure why there is red showing in it.

You know my old iPhone 5s takes the worst photos, I should just use my wife's new phone. She has a setting that takes great photos.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back