Worried about my Leopard Wrasse

saullman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a leopard Wrasse about 2 weeks ago. It hides the majority of the day and only comes out in early morning which is not the problem. I was told they come from Indonesia and they are on a different sleep schedule. Anyway, the problem is, actually I have 2 problems
1- I haven't seen my eat since I got him 2 weeks ago. I put a variety of food in the tank like frozen and PE pellets. We even tried flakes, but nothing.
2- My emperor angel I guess doesn't like him and chases him around the tank. I know the Wrasse is stressed?

What should I do?

cpschult

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he is being chased into hiding either it or the aggressor need to be removed.

They eat a TON. If he doesn’t have time to hunt he will die. If you remove the angel I would add some tisbe pods to tank. If you remove the leopard and put in another tank, add pods. You want to make his life as easy as possible.

OP
OP
saullman

saullman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't say he is being chased into hiding, but I can't get him to eat anything and he is definitely getting bullied by the angel.

Carterfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately I would get rid of either the angel or wrasse. Or change up your tank or something to minimize aggression. However emperor will be king of tank no matter what you do

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back