Wrasse compatability.

icedgxe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I am looking at purchasing a Melanurus wrasse for my tank. They are beautiful, very active and I think it will make a wonderful addition to my tank. This is my question. I have a mystery wrasse in the tank right now. Very well mannered and doesn't bother any other fish. Has anyone ever had both wrasse at the same time? Do you think they will fight? Get along? Just want to see peoples opinions on having them both. The tank is a 125g btw. Thanks.

EMTDIVER16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what its worth, I have a Melanurus with a blue headed, juv yellowtail coris, pencil, and a pearl wrasse and no fighting what so ever.

sportzfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the melanaurus in time will get bigger than the mystery. Also I thought as long as the body shape is not similar to the mystery wrasse that it would not be a problem.

condor

CORAL DR.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im sure you guys all know but ill say it anyway, most of the wrasses youve mentioned snack on hermits and snails while your at work

dakotasreef

Prestige Worldwide
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think as far as wrasse compatibility you are fine. But all wrasse have interest in our shrimp and crabs. But other than that, they should be fine.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back